AMD Opteron 5+GHZ

Here's a proof

0905opteron.jpg

Nope. It's proven to be true. This board is original. You can't put it on a regular machine. You need a very high tower (about 1-1.5 meters)

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
multiple CPUs doesn't mean its a 5GHz Opteron, they don't scale that way. It's parallel processing not serial.

Yes, but if you add up lets say 4x2GHZ, that will give you 6GHZ, but it dosen't mean that you will get the speed demanded :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
can u find me a tower and where I can buy one of these.
Maybe Amma Wario aka PC Technology Inc can sell them to you.

Here's a proof
Too bad you dont know what you're talking about. Five 1GHz processors does not make one 5GHz processor. Not in math, not in English, not in computers, so essentially no. Didnt you read anything in the other thread?

Look at newegg or tigerdirect
You're not selling them anymore?

Yes, but if you add up lets say 4x2GHZ, that will give you 6GHZ, but it dosen't mean that you will get the speed demanded
But nothing. 4x2Ghz does not equal 6GHz, it does not equal 8Ghz it doesnt even equal 1Ghz... it equals 4x2Ghz. Period. As I said when you posted this before you got banned, "bullshit". Im aware that multiple CPU configs exist ... but as you've been told numerous times, processor clocks do not scale with addition

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
oh my :) the mulitble processer debate again? hehe. Well anyhow I'll stick my nose where it does not belong and say that Praetor is correct but of course I did not need to mention that did I? hehe.

Google and search engines alike will teach us so much as long as we know how to filter the information we find :).

Lax

VIP Member
Praetor said:
Thanks for the vote of confidence, Amma_warrio is aware of those links however since Amma_wario = PC Technology Inc. ;)
Yah, just giving him the hint again that he should read older lthreads before trying to prove himself wrong again.

Praetor said:
Maybe Amma Wario aka PC Technology Inc can sell them to you.

Too bad you dont know what you're talking about. Five 1GHz processors does not make one 5GHz processor. Not in math, not in English, not in computers, so essentially no. Didnt you read anything in the other thread?

You're not selling them anymore?

But nothing. 4x2Ghz does not equal 6GHz, it does not equal 8Ghz it doesnt even equal 1Ghz... it equals 4x2Ghz. Period. As I said when you posted this before you got banned, "bullshit". Im aware that multiple CPU configs exist ... but as you've been told numerous times, processor clocks do not scale with addition

Heck, now??? Well you'll have to give the money first and I can run off to buy this server. Ya think I can make over $5000 like that? I don't think so

Lord AnthraX said:
Yah, just giving him the hint again that he should read older lthreads before trying to prove himself wrong again.

That's what I like: working on old computers from 88 to PIIIs, but newe technology seems to suprise me :eek:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
LOL it doesnt :p

Heck, now??? Well you'll have to give the money first and I can run off to buy this server. Ya think I can make over $5000 like that? I don't think so
LOL some company, sounds more like a word-of-mouth operation (which there is nothing wrong with but certainly doesnt have the weight of being "a company") -- you do notice that with "companies" they dont make you pay in advance.

Maybe Amma Wario aka PC Technology Inc can sell them to you
Heck, now??? Well you'll have to give the money first and I can run off to buy this server.
For a supposed IQ of 210 (http://www.computerforum.com/showpost.php?p=56897&postcount=14) you certainly arent too bright. :p

It will not add up to 6GHZ, but you can have a speed of 6GHZ (I think), but is 4 different slots
Almost there! A step forward! A minor correction though:
You will not have the speed of 1x6Ghz

Bobo

banned
If I understand correctly, you can have 4 processors working simultaneously, and have "stuff" going through all 4 at the same time, and have it be 4 times as fast as 1 proc, but you can't really measure the speed. Is that correct?