AMD or Intel can't decide

Kewl Munky

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet but most of the time AMD and Intel chips aren't comparable clock per clock. I love intel but 775 is going to be gone soon. So unless you can do some great overclocking to get some more life out of it I'd go AMD. The only smart choice for buying intel now would be nehalem, but that would be very costly.

jsawyer1181

Wow the old debate again lol. Okay well here goes, I think they are both great chips. I have a AMD myself and that's what I have used for the most part. Intels are more expensive than AMD and the performance from what I understand isn't all that much different. I think it would also depend on what you were planning on using the system for. I do some light to moderate gaming so the AMD combo works great.

Twist86

Wow the old debate again lol. Okay well here goes, I think they are both great chips. I have a AMD myself and that's what I have used for the most part. Intels are more expensive than AMD and the performance from what I understand isn't all that much different. I think it would also depend on what you were planning on using the system for. I do some light to moderate gaming so the AMD combo works great.

Well not true...old gen Phenoms sucked vs a Intel chip....but the new AM3 chips are fantastic running as fast as the Q9550 and costing so much less.

Bodaggit23

Last edited:

2048Megabytes

I am glad to see Intel is dropping the prices on some of their processors. The Core 2 Quad Q9550 does have impressive specifications for what it is priced at.

ducis

deneb are much better for gaming, with the phenom 955 even out performing the 965 in UT3

i7 and core2's are much better of applications

2048Megabytes

I find it hard to believe that the Phenom II 955 Quad-Core can out perform Core i7 965 Quad-Core Processor using the program Unreal Tournament 3. (One could buy four Phenom II 955 processors for the price of one i7 965 Processor.)

I was just looking at NewEgg.com. They are still selling the Core 2 Duo E8400 for $167. I can't believe people would buy a Dual-Core E8400 processor for $167 when they could buy a Core 2 Quad Q8200 Processor for $160.