amd or intel

robina_80

which is the better cpu amd or intel because intel have gone down in price dramatically but amd r faster can anyone help me

RewtKidd

Well amd is now leading in 64 bit... But I'm sure Intel will launch something sooner or later. It's like Nvida and ATI they go back and fourth.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Depends on four things:
(1) Your budget ... if you've got a massive budget, go P4EE/A64FX, medium-high budget Athlon64, medium budget P4C, low budget AthlonXP

(2) How long until your next upgrade (the Athlon64 will last some time, followed by the P4E ... the top end chips will last as well)

(3) What kind of system you have now (i.e.., if you're running an etch-a-sketch, even a low piece of crap will seem fast)

(4) What kind of performance you need now and is it CPU intensive (i.e., running statistical analysis, video related tasks are very CPU intensive; gaming is more RAM/video intensive)

charly

intel get's his CPU's from amd ! ???

:D
today we got some new pc's 4 sale. labeled "INTEL INSIDE" ...

well, they are all AMD's ... so is intel down and adds now amd low cost ?

sure, it's a mistake in packing. but we enjoyed that fault from "intel"

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
well, they are all AMD's ... so is intel down and adds now amd low cost
Intel doesnt make computers :p The sticker was put there by the OEM, not Intel :p

sure, it's a mistake in packing. but we enjoyed that fault from "intel"
Ive seen some whacked stuff but thats something ill have to remember for future laughs :p