AMD Sempron 3100+ or Pentium iii???

CyMax

Hello all, I'm new here so please take it easy on me. I currently have a Compaq Presario SR1502NX with a Sempron 3100+ processor, and tomorrow I'm buying a Dell with a Pentium iii 863mhz. One of these are going to my Grandmother-in-law. She just needs something to contact the outside world while she battles cancer. She is bed-ridden and really just needs somewthing to email and surf teh net. Love as much as I do, but she will be getting the lesser of the 2 machines. So basically we use the PC for web browsing and really lame free games ( see MSN, Miniclip, ect ).

So, which one of these 2 machines would you keep??

Thank you all ahead of time for any help you can give.

patrickv

You didn't give enough specification for both..need more info,but then again
if i were you i'd go with the AMD cpu.
You know why ?..a friend of mine has the same pc as me )same specs but with an AthlonXP cpu..his is way faster.
but anyways Miniclip is not lame i play and watch the flash everyday..

CyMax

You didn't give enough specification for both..need more info,but then again
if i were you i'd go with the AMD cpu.
You know why ?..a friend of mine has the same pc as me )same specs but with an AthlonXP cpu..his is way faster.
but anyways Miniclip is not lame i play and watch the flash everyday..

What specs would you need? Not trying to be a smart@ss, really I'm not so Compu-literate. I fire it up and it works, after that I understand theory, just not so much practice. From what I have found online is that the Sempron is the little brother to the Athlon, if that makes any difference.