AMD shows how chips are made

bomberboysk

Saw someone post a link to this on the evga forums, figured id post it here aswell:

[YT]-GQmtITMdas[/YT]

Last edited:

tremmor

From an electrical standpoint and a degree in electronics it was hard to figure most of it out. i enjoyed it though. i would love to see more like that.
thankyou.

aviation_man

Very cool.AMD rocks
8:13 It looks like the guy is using an IMac. lol. It would be hilarious to find out that AMD uses Intel chips for their computers... And it would be kind of sad too...

Bodaggit23

Very cool.AMD rocks
8:13 It looks like the guy is using an IMac. lol. It would be hilarious to find out that AMD uses Intel chips for their computers... And it would be kind of sad too...

What?

You mean it would be hilarious to find out that Apple uses Intel chips?

They do...

Fatback

VIP Member
WOW it takes over 2 months to make one CPU that is unbelievable I thought maybe a couple of days but 2 months its amazing how they keep them in stock they must start manufacturing like a year ahead of the release date.

bomberboysk

WOW it takes over 2 months to make one CPU that is unbelievable I thought maybe a couple of days but 2 months its amazing how they keep them in stock they must start manufacturing like a year ahead of the release date.
Just the sheer volume of them that can be made per wafer probably. Look at how many wafers of silicon you can get from the first giant thing they are cut from.

Just a random thought....i wonder how many blank stares you would get from people if you told them their computer was made of sand:p

Fatback

VIP Member
Just the sheer volume of them that can be made per wafer probably. Look at how many wafers of silicon you can get from the first giant thing they are cut from.

Just a random thought....i wonder how many blank stares you would get from people if you told them their computer was made of sand:p

Yea I never thought about it like that but that still doesn't seem like a lot.

I know it shocked me when the said sand I had to rewind it to make sure I heard it right lol.

Gooberman

Lol :D That was a cool video Dial up took a good 2-3 hours to download it (YES I downloaded it because I hate reloading crap with my crapnet :D)

2048Megabytes

It is unbelievable how complex a central processing unit is. And these processors are nothing compared to the marvelous intricate human brain.

Thank you for posting it was a very interesting video.