Amd Wins. Intel Gets Destroyed

4W4K3

VIP Member
I don't see why people think Intel's suck for gaming. I was/am still considering getting an Intel Pentium D 830 and it will destroy alot of AMD CPU's, but when I ask about it people want to make me believe it's slower than anything and gaming will be next to impossible just because it's an Intel.

I am and AMD fanboy for sure, but the stupidity I am seeing with comments like "Intel sucks!" is just getting annoying. People here would have you get AMD if it meant selling your arm and legs, rather than get an Intel.

Hairy_Lee

VIP Member
i think the difference between both manufacturer's is very small in most instance. its been a while since we've seen anything particularly new and innovative from both manufacturers. i cant seen AMD breaking intel's stranglehold on the market any time soon.
also, i dont think there's a gulf in performance as they would have you believe, especially in the dual core market.
with regards to the single cored units the only real advantage that intel ahd was hyperthreading and that only made the system more reponsive. it will always be close run and at the end of the day it will always come down to price.

bigsaucybob said:
i might be but im not...there are not many single events that can affect sales... this is all explained in long run and short run economics. Basically because this bench came out many people will maybe decided that intel would be a bad choice and go amd. Majority wont read it or not even know what a bench is. Like said, if someones buying a dell theyre confined to an intel, so if they read that intel benched slower, they may or may not change but most likey not, because of the price and "pristine" of dell-price is mostly the indicator of change from intel to amd. If say amd decided to sell all procs at 50 bux, then it would be a bigger indicator of intels sales going down because of a single event.

Geoff

VIP Member
4W4K3 said:
I don't see why people think Intel's suck for gaming. I was/am still considering getting an Intel Pentium D 830 and it will destroy alot of AMD CPU's, but when I ask about it people want to make me believe it's slower than anything and gaming will be next to impossible just because it's an Intel.

I am and AMD fanboy for sure, but the stupidity I am seeing with comments like "Intel sucks!" is just getting annoying. People here would have you get AMD if it meant selling your arm and legs, rather than get an Intel.
I see what your saying, i was thinking about getting a penitum D 2.8Ghz, but after seeing those benchmarks, im leaning towards getting an AMD X2 3800+ Seeing that its about the same or better at multi-tasking than the Pentium D.

And i have used both AMD and Intel, and they are both good companies, but im leaning towards AMD now.

X24

1st of all, geoff, about that 1.5 celeron doing that, ur 1.5 celeron is a mobile one, which gives similar preformance to a 2.4 or 2.8 or something like that celeron D. just making that clear.

also, i like amd, but still intell has some strong points to it, so just basically go with what is cheaper and what u want.

Motoxrdude

Eh, whatever gets the job done. Im not to much into performance. I mean i do want a good performance computer but saving two seconds while doing Mp3 encoding is not too much to worry about. I am for AMD all the way but intel is still not totaly out of the picture for me in the future. Heck, they both beat the good old days of paper and pens/A tracks/typewrites/etc.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Heck, they both beat the good old days of paper and pens/A tracks/typewrites/etc
I don't know about that, some of those old guys can use a slide rule pretty fast...

4W4K3

VIP Member
lol, just a tool for math and multiplication and such. i seen something on TV about a guy being able to do equations in a matter of seconds or less...pretty impressive.