An Unauthorized Change Was Made To Windows...

jgoff14

I just installed BitDefender and performed the first scan, after I shut down and turned the computer on today I got this message. At first it wouldn't even boot to my desktop it was just a black screen with the option to view info online. After I rebooted again it took me in to windows but that is still there. When I Google it I don't find anything useful, the only info I find is messages about a similar problem but the "Unauthorized Change Was Made To Your License" and mine doesn't say that. It is Vista 32 from a Gateway OEM so I know the license is legit anyway... Also after reading info about the license problem I figured I would see if my status had changed but now whenever I try to open system properties nothing happens. I have tried to right click in my computer and select properties with no change as well as clicking on the system properties button with no results. What's the deal. ***Note, this is not the system in sig***

Attachments

• Error Notification Vista.jpg
    Error Notification Vista.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 178

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
May I ask where you got the bitdefender software? Can you boot to safe mode and do a system restore back to before installing it?

jgoff14

I got it from bitdefender directly. I can't get in to safe mode the computer yells at me when I try during boot. I wanted to select safe boot from msconfig but I'm having trouble getting msconfig to open.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Scan with malwarebytes I guess. If that don't bring up anything, then you may be forced to reinstall windows.