Annoying file

Kalia

I have a file on my D drive that refuese to delete. I have tired in both regular and safe mode, but it refuese to delete. It will not allow me to make it hidden, rename it or anything. It just says access denied make sure the disk is not full or write proof and that the files are currently not in use. I have tried a few programs and dos commands to delete this file but they all claim they can not find it and dos just says access denied when I try to access it, yet can't find it when I want to delete it. Any help would be nice. Thanks guys.

Kalia

Fuzz

I had a file like that not to long ago. I just left it there for about a month and then it let me delete it.

skidude

Might be a virus. If you have Norton, run a full system scan and make sure that file is blocked from using the internet. I have something very similar and that is what I did.

Wait nvm, I just tried to delete it again and it worked, I guess what Fuzz said works, but until then, do what I said.

Kalia

Already tired the safemode idea with that program infact.

It's not a virus.

It's just a folder with nothing in it, lol.

alienmidget

Is it a shared file? On my computer with some files I can't delete them off of the C drive, but I have to delete them from the F drive b/c it's a sharing violation.

Byteman

Malware Destroyer
download and install unlocker. Reboot, then right click the file, click unlock. You'll be able to unlock the file and delete it. :)