Annoying noise with line in

Bobo

banned
You are the one that doesn't want to listen. :rolleyes: When trying to explain how to patch into the card you are going off into something else. Fortunately newegg has a better image view in order to show just what jacks are for what purposes. Apparently the jacks are the same on 7.1 as the 5.1 models when compared at both Creative and newegg. If you were paying attention you would have noticed the image posted here gives a reference to explain just which jack is the line in. :rolleyes:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowI....1+Channels+PCI+Interface+Sound+Card+-+Retail

If I'm the one not listening, then how many times do I have to tell you that THAT ISN'T MY CARD!!!! LOOK AT THE PICTURE I POSTED!

Do I feel a little hostility from PCeye there for being called out? Just take a chill pill PCeye and dont get on the man for asking a simple question and then your not reading it correctly and going off on one of your usual rants man. Just becuase you are 51 years old does not mean you can be in charge of everyone else that is younger sheesh!
Lol....:rolleyes:

I guess I'll just keep playing with it. It's brand new, it shouldn't be dusty or dirty inside, but I'll give it some compressed air.

Archangel

VIP Member
I guess I'll just keep playing with it. It's brand new, it shouldn't be dusty or dirty inside, but I'll give it some compressed air.

the card maybe not... but i dont assume everything you connected is new? :)
one other thing could be the shielding of the connection (meaning cable and connectors in between), it could be that the cable is functioning like an antenna at the moment.. so if it has a outer shielding in the cable (wich isnt used for the connection) you may want to ground that one. ( EMC ftw =D )

Bobo

banned
Well I got some cables to use the RCA (red/white, whatever it's called) into my sound card, and it's much better now. If only my computer worked....