annoying vista problem

oregon

When I put my comp in standby mode then turn it back on, the screen usually just turns blank and nothing happens. I have to restart.

It only happens after waking up from standby mode, usually after I type in my password. What's the fix for this?

G25r8cer

Actually sounds like you need a bios update! I had that problem before and the bios update fixed it!

oregon

how do I update bios? I know you can do it online, or via a drive or something, but I don't want to screw stuff up.

oregon

Okay, I update via @bios, it worked properly, but it happened again.

Basically when I press the power button in Vista and put it in low power memory mode then turn it back on, it will go to logon screen. I type in my password, but then I seem to lose video. My monitor says no signal, but it's LED stays green rather than turning orange. This now happens almost every time I wake up my computer. Does anyone else ever have this happen?

Irishwhistle

I've had a very similar problem (with a Dell laptop) and it turned out that it wasn't reading the battery properly. My problem was that whenever I unplugged it it went into standby and wouldn't go out of standby even after being plugged in.

It could be that once you comp goes into standby it's not reading you power supply properly. Just a thought.

~Jordan