Antec 300 - Cable management

FXB

I know there is the compartment behind the 3.5 bays to tuck away your cables but there has to be a better way to do cable management with the Antec 300 Case.

This is what my case looks like :eek:

IMG_1518.JPG

Last edited:

Nanobyte

How do I post a picture of my case?
You may want to resize first to fit the forum page. Post the picture to any online service and copy the direct link you are supplied. When you create your message, put the cursor where you want the pic, click the image icon in the toolbar, paste the image address. Preview the post to make sure you got it right.

jamesd1981

certainly alot of the sata cables seem really long, if you replaced them with as short a ones that you can that would take away some clutter

FXB

Anything else James? Can't I hide most of the cables?

This case looks alot cleaner any chance I can do something like this with the Antec 300?

gutss.jpg

Last edited:

jamesd1981

well normally i tape some of my cables to the walls or floor of the case, but i see you have to large case fans, so that a no go, there was a post on here earlier with someone who got these black rings with there case and it turned out they were for wrapping you internal case cables round so they were not as long and you didnt have loads of loose cables, i will try find it and post the link for you.

Nanobyte

Why not use plastic cable ties? Run everything horizontal or vertical. Make a main vertical highway to the right of the CPU fan and run cables horizontally into it. It's a good idea to keep power and data separate where possible (2 bundles).

FXB

Why not use plastic cable ties? Run everything horizontal or vertical. Make a main vertical highway to the right of the CPU fan and run cables horizontally into it. It's a good idea to keep power and data separate where possible (2 bundles).

So I tie all my power connectors together and all my data connectors together?

StrangleHold

Staff member
The 300 sucks for cable mangement. Should have got a NZXT Beta EVO. Plastic ties and tuck and tuck, cry for awhile then tuck some more.

jamesd1981

well in the photo of the case you posted, they go from the psu, down through a gap in the floor and then back up, check your case it might not have a gap in the floor for cable management, but if it does stand the case up normally and take both sides off, so you can better access the floor side of the case where the motherboard rests

Drenlin

This is the very reason I keep recommending against that case :/

It will never be as good as a full tower like that Cosmos, but if you have a Dremel, you can cut a couple of holes in it to help. Like this:
jskg2u.jpg

(yes, that is a 300)

Otherwise, just try and tie everything up, like so:
11ju985.jpg

As long as the cables are out of the way of your airflow, it should be ok...nobody can see inside it with the side panel on anyway, right?

Last edited:

FXB

(yes, that is a 300)
Drenlin, that looks good. Did you mount the HDD backwards? I don't think I can mount them backwards because I won't have room to run the power cables.

This is what I've done since my last post.
IMG_1521.jpeg

feedback?

Last edited:

spirit

Staff member
FXb, it is definitely looking an awful lot better. One thing you can try and do though is to get some shorter SATA cables as somebody else already mentioned.