Antec 900 case fans

Bajadan236

I have an Antec 900 with two front fans, one rear fan, one side fan, and one 200mm fan. The 200mm fan is not running. I checked to make sure the molex connectors were in and nothing is going. the other 4 fans are on high speed and are going fine. I have an 8800ultra videao card ( i just read this post that listed all different typs of video cards and power supplys.. It says that i need a 750w power suply and i only have a 650w. Is this the reason why the 200mm fan is not working? Should i upgrade my PSU? my current tamps are:

CPU core1-43C-109F
CPU core2-34C-93F
CPU core3-35C-95F
CPU core4-38C-97F

Im just wondering is it the PSU because when i tried to put in a Zalman CNPS9700NT, it would not run either, so is beacause of my PSU? I recently installed a Creative Lab X-Fi Extream gamer sound card the other day. Any help at all is welcomed.

Thanks

Dan

fortyways

banned
If you have fan only connectors on your PSU try either connecting it to a regular peripheral connector, or turning the 200mm fan to high (or both if one of these is already true).

It's a fatty so it needs a good amount of voltage to start up.

Have you tried spinning it and seeing if it stays spinning once pushed?

Bajadan236

when is start up the computer the fan turns on then quickly, like a second turns off then just spins to a stop. Its like it gets power but then the power is gone. So im not sure if it is the fan or the power supple. if i put my finger in and spin it. it goes for a pretty long time about 30-45 secs. So the barrings(if there are any) work very well. So it might me the connector from the fans wire to the fan cuz when i went to tidy up the wires i had it kinda high tension on the wire to make it look good so it might be that, but when i went to look in it looked like it was when i first got it. So could it be the power supply? im not sure on what to do. BTW thanks for the reply guys.:D

Thanks

Dan

Kornowski

VIP Member
Do you have another Power Supply that you could try out?

What if you plug in only one fan at a time, do they work then?

thewahlrus

the 200mm needs its own molex. it wont run with a fan only connector. give it a regular molex preferably with nothing else on the same line.

Bajadan236

wooo... got it working. LOL turns out to be one of the 4 molex connectors on the fan popped out when i was trying to re connect them.. I would have never knew if i did not take it out and try it. i was just wiggling it in and out. But im sorry i forget your user name, someone said try to reconnect them.. Well thanks a lot got that big sucker running on high. So thank you for all of thoes who helped me out.

Thanks

Dan

Edit: Thank you thewahlrus for your help