Anti Spyware Software

commander

Hi,
My PC is infected with spyware.and the iritating websites keep pooping up every now and then. I was using adware (free version) but it does not solve the problem. I tried to install spyware doctor but it requires payment to cure the infections.
:confused:
Does any can recommend a complimentary and reliable spyware software to solve my problem? otherwise I may have to adopt the last resort, i.e reformat my harddisk which is very troublesome. :mad:

commander

Thanks. But using firefox is merely switching to another applications. The spyware still exists in my system, i.e. does not solve the root of the problem.

Can anyone recommend good and of course free anti spyware software?

Thanks!!!

ceewi1

VIP Member
Some infections cannot be simply dealt with by antispyware software. Post a HijackThis log, and we'll deal with it from there.

To do so, download the HijackThis installer from http://www.trendsecure.com/portal/en-US/threat_analytics/HJTInstall.exe.

Run the installer and choose Install, indicating that you accept the licence agreement. The installer will place a shortcut on your desktop and launch HijackThis.

Click Do a system scan and save a logfile

When the Notepad window opens choose Edit -> Select All to select the entire log, and copy and paste the log into a reply post.
Most of what it lists will be harmless or even essential, don't fix anything yet.