Antimalware Doctor (virus)

Yon o shon

i dont have internet explorer

i tried downloading it with google chrome. it downloaded fine and i found it in my download folder. however when i try to run it it says " windows cannot access the device, path, or file. you may not have appropriate permission to access the item." even when i run as administrator.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nestle

Execute script
Code:
begin
 ExecuteRepair(14);
RebootWindows(true);
end.

After reboot check up web browsers

Yon o shon

No change. im gonna try to reinstall one of my browsers and see if that works

didnt work either, and i tried running the exe and the browser as administrator

Yon o shon

I can't download through fire fox, but i can through google chrome. however i cannot run them even though im an administrator and i run as administrator all i get is " windows cannot access the device, path, or file. you may not have appropriate permission to access the item." even when i run as administrator.

Yon o shon

idk wat that is

just checked its off

well im out of ideas, and dead tired. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!! im in a much better position now then i was before. take care, thanks one more time. and goodnight. its 5:30 AM here :p

RobbieFubar

External Harddrive Your Info.
Complete Reinstall! Works Like A Charm ;)

Oh and Make Sure You Have The Appropriate Drivers To Install After.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Yon o shon,

Please perform the following procedure and post the requested logs.

Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here or here and save it to your desktop.
  • Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. Please keep updating until it says you have the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
  • A log will be saved automatically which you can access by clicking on the Logs tab within Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Download the HijackThis installer from here.
Run the installer and choose Install, indicating that you accept the licence agreement. The installer will place a shortcut on your desktop and launch HijackThis.

Click Do a system scan and save a logfile

Most of what HijackThis lists will be harmless or even essential, don't fix anything yet.

Post the logfile that HijackThis produces along with the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware log

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Nestle,

Please do not give scripts for users to run as you are a new user and we don't know who you are. You could be harming there system and they wouldn't even know it. Unless you are a vip, moderator or administrator here at the forum, no scripts are allowed to given to users.

If you can provide credentials in your expertise in malware removal then I will look into it.

Nestle

johnb35

Well.
I'll not give scripts

Though my experience would suffice for this purpose

Last edited:

Yon o shon

His scripts helped me alot, but thanks for lookin out for me.
johnb35 i cannot download .exe for somereason. i tried downloading that program numerous times. for some reason it just will not work and that is wat i am trying to fix. maybe if you but the .exe in a zip i could download it because some reason my computer doesnt have a problem with it.

Yon o shon

i just ran spybot and its still finding antimalware doctor registry keys and a PWS.LDPinchIE registry value. i've deleted both of these many times through spybot =\

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
So you can download it but can't run it? Or you can't download it at all.

Download rkill.scr and run it but do not reboot your system and then try running combofix. If it still don't work, try downloading combofix again but this time as your saving it, rename the file to combo-fix not combofix.

Yon o shon

I'm scanning with MBAM right now with administrator rights
I am still confused on how i can download zips and save images but .exe and .sci and stuff get blocked before they start downloading. anyone got an explanation?

Yon o shon

yes i downloaded MBAM just fine, but only because it was in a zip. It just finished i'll post the MBAM log in a sec. I've tried the rkill.scr and all the other ones in the "important read this first" sticky. I can ONLY download ZIPS and images. don't know why.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
If you are having issues with exe's then try downloading and run exehelper.

http://www.raktor.net/exeHelper/exeHelper.scr

run it and wait a bit and you'll see a screen pop up when its complete.

this program sets all file associations back to default for exe's and fixes other issues if they are there.

When done, try downloading an exe file again and running it.

Since you can't run .scr either try this version of exehelper.

http://www.raktor.net/exeHelper/exeHelper.com

Last edited: