any easy ways too...

goosy22

figure out if my computer can access the gnutella network??? i have limewire pro and it used to work on my old laptop but on my new desktop it always gives me that "Starting Connection" dialog, but never actually connects, no matter how long i wait for the thing... my firewall and router are both set up to allow the program but i'm wondering if my IP blocks P2P programs...

any ideas on how to go about testing if i can actually even connect to the network???

thanks...

tlarkin

VIP Member
We need to know a lot more information to help you.

How is it set up?

Is this your network? Many organizations block all peer to peer applications

What hardware are you running?

goosy22

it's my home network... i have an HP Pavillion 3120n connected to my Belkin 54g router wirelessly... i run McAfee Corporate 8.5i virus scan and Zonealarm Free... both the router and Zonealarm are configured to allow Limewire... i figure it's a computer setting because my Averatec Laptop and my girlfriend's HP Laptop connects to it just fine... and i would just use my laptop but i'm getting rid of it...

one question i have is, would Windows Defender be a possible suspect? cause it says, "not yet classified" in the software explorer options and there's no way for me to set it to anything else... and i believe Defender blocks unwanted programs from working properly..