[?] Any Idea What This Is ? [?]

Respital

Hello everyone.. i was just going through some programs on my computer (to do with cpu readings mobo specs heat and stuff) when i opened up Easytune5 Pro ( i have a gigabyte mobo, for those users that dont know it's like the ai booster for gigabyte mobos) and i noticed a tab called "Cib Mib" As shown in the picture below...any information on what that does and if it's safe to use would be much appreciated. :D

Last edited:

TFT

VIP Member
CIA - CPU Intelligent Booster
You have the choice of 5 modes of tuneup from "Cruise" to "Turbo"

MIB - Memory Intelligent Booster
It has a list of memory modules that you choose from that have pre tuned settings

As to whether it works or even safe, I don't know :)

Respital

CIA - CPU Intelligent Booster
You have the choice of 5 modes of tuneup from "Cruise" to "Turbo"

MIB - Memory Intelligent Booster
It has a list of memory modules that you choose from that have pre tuned settings

As to whether it works or even safe, I don't know :)

Thanks. Uhm.. What does it do exactly like right now i dont want to fiddle around with it encase i screw something up.. Do you have a gigabyte mobo ? Maybe since your more educated on this then i am you could try it out ? :p

TFT

VIP Member
HaHa, give you credit for cheek. No I don't have one but basically it's software overclock and looking at your clock speed your motherboard is a little old now so your BIOS wouldn't auto recover from a bad overclock which means you would probably have to remove the BIOS battery to set it back to default.

I wouldn't try it :D

Respital

HaHa, give you credit for cheek. No I don't have one but basically it's software overclock and looking at your clock speed your motherboard is a little old now so your BIOS wouldn't auto recover from a bad overclock which means you would probably have to remove the BIOS battery to set it back to default.

I wouldn't try it :D

What are you talking about my clock speed and my mobo being old. i just built this computer not to long ago..i think your looking at my ram clock speed Lol :p

Respital

Go on then, give it a go no harm can be done. Whack it up to Turbo:p

I think i'll wait for a few more people to reply before i do anything :p i just want to be safe lol. i remember when i first tried to do something to a computer..:rolleyes: i tried installed a stick of ram and i broke the computer (mobo) completely :p at that time i didn't know how to fix it but now i probably could :p

Respital

Okay well.. i set it to sport just to see what happens and i can't seem to find any sort of modifications.. my cpu clock, speed multiplier, FSB, and temp are all the same.. weird :p

Vizy

I think i'll wait for a few more people to reply before i do anything :p i just want to be safe lol. i remember when i first tried to do something to a computer..:rolleyes: i tried installed a stick of ram and i broke the computer (mobo) completely :p at that time i didn't know how to fix it but now i probably could :p

how the hell did u manage to do that. And i believe it wouldnt do any harm to try it ou.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
I have the same program, but I'd never use it. Software overclocking is usually unstable and can mess up your system. Best method is the good ol' BIOS. ;)

Gogey

If I remember correctly, Cia just underclocks your cpu when its not being used and overclocks it when it is. I wouldnt trust it to be stable.

Respital

I have the same program, but I'd never use it. Software overclocking is usually unstable and can mess up your system. Best method is the good ol' BIOS. ;)

Like i said it doesn't overclock my cpu.. i have no idea what it does but i know it's not raising the cpu frequency (i have cpu-z open and easytune5) and my temps remain the same (easytune5 tells me the temps) even when i'm gaming it doesn't really do anything...anyone know what this actually does ?...:confused:

Respital

Okay since changing the C.I.A2 setting to sport i haven't seen a change in clock speed temps or anything but i do notice less system stability..:(

I changed the setting back to disabled for now..
Any suggestions ? :confused: