Any Microsoft Edge users out there?

bbudesa

Chrome is giving me fits lately. Edge seems to be recommended for 10 users, so thought I'd give it a try.

I'm having trouble, however, getting my bookmarks horizontally in a toolbar across the top though. Any help would be appreciated.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Have you tried firefox? It's very similar to chrome. Edge needs more development.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Have you tried firefox? It's horrible in everyway. Edge is alright but slower than chrome.
ftfy :p
It's obviously personal preference but I do not like firefox at all. I don't have much trouble with edge, but it does get slow sometimes with reddit and imgur after browsing them for a bit.
I'm having trouble, however, getting my bookmarks horizontally in a toolbar across the top though. Any help would be appreciated.
Then you just need to make sure the option is on and the favourite bar folder is populated. https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca...476f-a241-cd3958144d02/see-your-favorites-bar

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
ftfy :p
It's obviously personal preference but I do not like firefox at all. I don't have much trouble with edge, but it does get slow sometimes with reddit and imgur after browsing them for a bit.
Then you just need to make sure the option is on and the favourite bar folder is populated. https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca...476f-a241-cd3958144d02/see-your-favorites-bar
Ha ha.

It seems there is less issues with Firefox then chrome though. And I can't stand chrome.

strollin

I'm not sure why others are saying FireFox is terrible, I use it exclusively on my desktop, laptop, tablet and phone. I've never understood the attraction to Chrome, I have it on my computer but never use it. It's well known that Chrome is a giant tracking cookie for Google.

IMO, Edge might be a decent browser in the future but, at the time being, it's not really as complete as other browsers that it is competing against. It's especially lacking in the extensions department. Extensions in Edge have only been supported since the Anniversary Update that came out in August of last year and there are only a handful of extensions available.

Last edited:

bbudesa

Yeah, I get the feeling that Edge is in its fledgling stage, not really ready to take flight yet.

Well, I reckon I'll just keep logging in, and get over it for a while. I've tried all the suggestions posted above, as well as uninstall and reinstall Chrome. I was a Firefox'er a while back, but grew to like Chrome, so I switched.

C'est la vie!

giphy.gif

Edge is horrid in my experiances, i use Opera or Chrome :)

timekiller89

I love Microsoft Edge! It's a huge step-up from Internet Explorer (which already was improving after version 8 and onwards), it runs a lot lighter and smoother on Windows 10 than any other web browser I have tried on the OS. I tried Firefox, which is nowadays copying Chrome (who remembers the good ol' days of lightweight and fast v2.0 and v3.6?) and Chrome, you have to clean the cache and memory every month in order for it to not accomodate junk on your computer. Opera went downhill when they switched to becoming a Chrome clone with a different UI.

I don't use add-ons in any browser (except when I was using Pale Moon and I had the User-agent spoofer in case a site didn't recognise my UA).