Any Nintendo 64 Game Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and Consoles' started by _Kyle_, Oct 25, 2018.

1. _Kyle_

_Kyle_ Active Member

I'm getting ready to buy an Nintendo 64 from my local flea market. Is there any games that you guys would suggest me getting? I like all genres, so anything suggestions are appreciated.

I already know I'm getting Banjo-Kazooie, considering that Kazooie is my favorite video game character. :)

Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  2. Darren

Darren Moderator Staff Member

Not a Nintendo guy but Mario Kart is never a bad choice.

_Kyle_ likes this.
  3. _Kyle_

_Kyle_ Active Member

Oh. Forgot about that one. I used to play the DS version to death when I was like 8 or something. I'm going to have to get that one. :)

4. Darren

Yeah just occurred to me that console totally predates you. I had a neighbor with one growing up but didn't own one myself. We played the PS2 more though.

5. Cromewell

Cromewell Administrator Staff Member

The N64 game to have was GoldenEye. Perfect Dark was a decent title as well. FPS like goldeneye.

As Darren mentioned, Mario Kart.

Then there are the Zeldas - Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask.

Starfox 64, and Donkey Kong 64 were pretty good. Supersmash bros is a good party game.

Star wars shadows of the empire.
    Those are kind of different era consoles. The 64 faced the PS1 more directly.

_Kyle_ likes this.
  6. Darren

Yeah I'm aware, probably why we played it more haha. Remember a lot of 007 Nightfire.

Cromewell likes this.
  7. _Kyle_

_Kyle_ Active Member

Yeah... I'm young. :) I've just always been into older things.

I started collecting old consoles last year, I've got a GBA SP, a GB Color, an old NES, and a Gamecube. It's not a very "good" collection yet but it's a start.

But thanks for the suggestions everyone, I will definitely see if he has any of these games at the flea market (which he probably does).

8. beers

beers Moderator Staff Member

Do you have a particular affinity for old tape based movies...?

I used to play F-zero and 1080 snowboarding a lot. GoldenEye 007 and the original Super Smash Bros were also classics.

_Kyle_ likes this.
  9. _Kyle_

_Kyle_ Active Member

Not particularly, no.

Looking at F-zero it looks fun, GoldenEye 007 looks pretty cool too. I have played Super Smash Bros on Gamecube or Wii (can't remember), and I really liked it.

10. OmniDyne

OmniDyne Active Member

Perfect Dark and F-Zero.

If you have an Xbox you can buy Perfect Dark remastered, with online play. It's incredibly fun. Same mechanics as GoldenEye, but multiplayer.

I still have a Starcraft 64 cartridge for the Nintendo 64 lol. It's hilarious.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    _Kyle_ likes this.
  11. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Well-Known Member

There are only two, and I mean TWO games you need for N64. Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. I played my ass off in both. Now I play it on my computer with a N64 USB controller.

In order to play Perfect Dark you need the expansion pack. Also get a memory card that goes into the controller.

Another great game was Command And Conquer. That was also out on PS I. I bought the link cable, made it longer and my Bro and I played in our separate rooms. We created so many tanks the damn game came down to a screeching halt. LOL Does the same thing on PC with Generals Zero Hour. Forget piss poor scripted AOD battles online. I used to use the map maker and made my own. Still got them to this day. You can play using this third party client. https://cnc-online.net/en/

They made Perfect Dark for Xbox, but it was shit.

The sound track was so awesome in Perfect Dark I downloaded all of the songs. And with Goldeneye it follows the movie fairly well. Good luck getting the invincible cheat. I saw someone do it, but I could never get it. I think it's 2:15 in and out of the Facility level on Double Agent.

I cheated and added all of the cheats via the folders screen.

Favorite song.

"Stop where you are!" "I don't want any trouble."

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
    _Kyle_ likes this.
  12. UnholyVision

UnholyVision Active Member

Diddy Kong Racing & Banjo Kazooie of course.

I have that too. What really makes that game something to remember it was my first N64 game I had to buy that power pack for. That little red topped cartridge that went into the front of the N64.

_Kyle_ likes this.
  13. _Kyle_

_Kyle_ Active Member

I have never heard of Diddy Kong Racing, I'll check I out. :) Banjo-Kazooie, however, I will for sure pick up. Kazooie is my fav; her personality is hilarious. I was actually tempted to quote her in my signature, but I settled on ELO instead.

Again, thanks for the suggestions everyone. I will be buying the console tomorrow with an expansion pack as well. I'll tell you what games I get with it. :)

14. voyagerfan99

voyagerfan99 Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again Staff Member

Jet Force Gemini was always my favorite N64 game, along with Mario Party

_Kyle_ and OmniDyne like this.
  15. _Kyle_

_Kyle_ Active Member

I got the N64 along with a expansion pack. I got Banjo-Kazooie, Goldeneye, Mario Kart 64, and Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time. He even threw in a extra controller (generic, of course). I'll try picking up the other titles later. Thanks everyone. :)

16. DMGrier

DMGrier VIP Member

Conker bad fur day, Castlevania 64 and Paper Mario.

_Kyle_ and beers like this.