Any recommendations from comp specs???

bernie66

Hi all, A very merry Christmas to you all!!!

well im sure you have all received some new gadgets from santa as i have and as it is all not connected i would like to be sure that everything is ok with my comp ie making sure the comp will continue to run smoothly therefore im kindly asking you does any of my comp need modifying from taking a look at my specs.
Thanks

Last edited:

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
well it all depends on what you do with your pc...if your a gamer it wont do very well.

you have the same amount of ram as me so that isnt too bad but 2Gb is considred the usual today in pcs.

hows your temps?

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Those temps look fine,My cpu usualy idles around 32c but 45c is ok.

Unless your pc wont do what you want it to do then i see no point in you needing to upgrade it my friend :)

btw...merry christmas :)

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
well your system might just need a good clean,fans get clogged up with dust (Especialy the cpu one)

you could try opening your case,cleaning out the dust and see if it lowers temps.

i usualy use a small paintbrush to cean out dust from the gaps of the heatsink and it works a treat.
whatever you do dont use an hoover to suck out dust lol.

bernie66

Haha, i wont ill probably end up hoovering something else and break my PC completely lol
Thanks for that.

Another quick question i have posted a thread for this but thought you might be able to help me...
Ive been saving all my files to CD to free up disk space etc and basically to have a hard copy but its becoming increasingly expensive and the CDS are building up and i was wondering can you buy dual CDs to put music, videos, documents etc on which means abit more inexpensive as youl be able to hold double the amount and less CDS piling up

Thanks

oscaryu1

VIP Member
Naw, you should be fine. Also consider buying some Arctic Silver 5 and replacing your origional paste.

No, no "Dual CDs" are made. There are dual layer DVD's though. You'll be better off buying a new HDD (or slave HDD). You can get a 500GB or so for $100. 250GB for around $60. Overall, you'd get alot more space for alot less.