Any suggestions?

G25r8cer

G25r8cer

Yeah I mean Main HDD. I got that in my email today. It looks like a good deal except I have been having problems with seagate. My current Main HDD is seagate.

As for the 300, I love it. It has plenty room inside and very good cooling. I saw it for $55 with free shipping so I finally decided to get it.

epidemik

Yeah I mean Main HDD. I got that in my email today. It looks like a good deal except I have been having problems with seagate. My current Main HDD is seagate.

As for the 300, I love it. It has plenty room inside and very good cooling. I saw it for $55 with free shipping so I finally decided to get it.

Weird, I thought Seagate was supposedly more legit than WD (I personally have never had a problem with either).

Yeah, is saw it for 55 and didnt act fast enough and now im trying to decide if I want to shell out the extra 4 dollars haha. I probably will soon.

G25r8cer

Well my current seagate came out my previous pc which is my HP. And you know how manufactures are with their hardware. Not so good

G25r8cer

Here's what it looks like now

P1010024-1.jpg

P1010035-2.jpg

bomberboysk

Well my current seagate came out my previous pc which is my HP. And you know how manufactures are with their hardware. Not so good
Tbh seagate used to make the best drives out there imo. The 7200.11's were great drives....if you got one that worked, they had some firmware and reliablility issues. The 7200.12 drives on the other hand, excellent drives and excellent performancs(transfer rates top around 130MB/s on those drives).

linkin

VIP Member
very nice, loving the leds in that. Nice shiny PSU btw.
How's the airflow with those cases? I might just buy one.

G25r8cer

very nice, loving the leds in that. Nice shiny PSU btw.
How's the airflow with those cases? I might just buy one.

Yeah I love my psu. I actually scratched it when putting it into the case!! But that was my fault, I was rushing things. The airflow is great and I only have 1 80mm fan in the front right now. Yes I am getting 2 120mm fans when I get my next order. Anyways, I HIGHLY recommend this case if, you are looking for a sturdy case with great airflow.

G25r8cer

Tbh seagate used to make the best drives out there imo. The 7200.11's were great drives....if you got one that worked, they had some firmware and reliablility issues. The 7200.12 drives on the other hand, excellent drives and excellent performancs(transfer rates top around 130MB/s on those drives).

Ahh thanks for the info I'll have to get the latest firmware and see if that helps but I doubt it. The symptoms im getting dont match up. The drive is running 10c hotter than my 750gb samsung. Also I hear clicking noises avery once in a while and every time when I shut my computer down. And I know thats not right.

Midna

I just bought an Antec 300 case and took all my components out of my old pc and put them in the Antec. Now I am going to be slowly upgrading the n ew pc while putting the old parts back into the old case.

2 - 120mm blue fans = http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811999479
Fan controller = http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811998038
Am2,Am2+,Am3 compat cpu cooler =

I also need to buy a new OS HDD as my current one is dying

Depends, hwo much files do you have or plan to have on your laptop. Like me, I download a lot of movies/shows. So I got a 500GB HDD for my laptop. As your using a desktop computer, you can get 80-250GB pretty cheap at most places. When you buy a HDD, it usually dosen't have an OS on it, you have to intall it your self it get someone to install it for you.

Good luck!

G25r8cer

Depends, hwo much files do you have or plan to have on your laptop. Like me, I download a lot of movies/shows. So I got a 500GB HDD for my laptop. As your using a desktop computer, you can get 80-250GB pretty cheap at most places. When you buy a HDD, it usually dosen't have an OS on it, you have to intall it your self it get someone to install it for you.

Good luck!

Umm yeah I know how to install an OS!! I have a 750gb samsung for just music, documents, and videos. I just want to replace my current main hdd (os drive) as it is failing. I was just looking for some advice on a fast and reliable drive.

bomberboysk

That shouldnt have a firmware issue, could always try to do an rma with seagate even though its an oem drive though:p