any tips on choosing computer case

kenny1999

I bought a chassis which was "claimed" to be a decent case but in fact it's shit and has very bad quality. The quality is very bad. I have a number of computer cases recommended by my friends but what should I check about the case when I have the case on hand before purchase

jamesd1981

Just like with any purchase, DO NOT rush it, browse through and look at some cases make a shortlist of a few cases you like and research them, look for reviews, bookmark them and then carefully look at them in more detail such as are plenty of cable routing holes etc.

corsair and cooler master make some nice cases and gigabyte even make a few of there own now.

kenny1999

Just like with any purchase, DO NOT rush it, browse through and look at some cases make a shortlist of a few cases you like and research them, look for reviews, bookmark them and then carefully look at them in more detail such as are plenty of cable routing holes etc.

corsair and cooler master make some nice cases and gigabyte even make a few of there own now.

how about SilverStone and Thermaltake. I have two cases I like which are from them but I don't know which of them have better quality. Both of them looks like having good reviews

Currency

My advice when purchasing anything, as Kevin Rutherford would say.

"Look for a reason not to buy it!"

Make sure it has exactly what you want, if you want ten HDD mounts, you'll narrow your results down in a search queue rather quickly. Make a list of what you want out of your case, and remember. You may end up building several systems in the same case, so the more you spend now for a higher quality case, the longer it may last you.

Right now, I'm thinking of reasons not to get a 900D. Only two I've found are the price and the size. Price being more of an issue but considering that case could last me ten or more years, I can live with $3xx for a case easier than I could $600 or so for a caselabs case. :D

spirit

Staff member
When choosing a case you need to look at the following:

Size: Will it house all of your components? Can you put it where you want to put it?
Airflow: It needs to keep your components cool.
Cable Management: You need to be able to hide all of those PSU cables.
Construction: What materials is it made out of? You want something that is strong and well made.
Looks: Obviously what you think looks good is a personal opinion. Get a case you think looks good.
Cost: Again, an important factor.

Tell us what your budget is and we'll post some suggestions.

You should also take the time to read this http://www.computerforum.com/216075-updated-cases-101-a.html