Any windows upgrade from Vista Ultimate?

Are there any windows upgrade from Vista Ultimate that doesn't require a full install that will lose all my files?

Windows 7 upgrade will not upgrade, says I must install new and will erase existing information.

I know the IN thing is to keep up with the Jones, but retirement and social security keep the newest and latest versions away. We have to save up for change and wait for past versions to try to keep up.

aldan

the only path for you is to buy a version of win10.not dissing you in any way,but,vista is three operating systems behind.

_Glitch

You should be doing a fresh install anyway. I mean, how long have you been running that installation for?
I do it every year or so. Keeps the computer happy. Doesn't take that long anyway. Specially if you are running Windows 10 on a decent SSD. That resetting feature introduced in Windows 8 is very helpful.

_Pete_

There is no way to upgrade Vista without purchasing a newer version of Windows. If you follow any of the suggestions so far given you will lose all your personal files unless you back them up to somewhere other than your "C" drive. You should be backing up personal files anyway to somewhere else. @Xander95 that is the legit way of doing it IF you have an upgradeable version of Windows such as Win 7, Win 8 or Win 8.1. The files on that site will not upgrade Windows Vista.

Xander95

There is no way to upgrade Vista without purchasing a newer version of Windows. If you follow any of the suggestions so far given you will lose all your personal files unless you back them up to somewhere other than your "C" drive. You should be backing up personal files anyway to somewhere else. @Xander95 that is the legit way of doing it IF you have an upgradeable version of Windows such as Win 7, Win 8 or Win 8.1. The files on that site will not upgrade Windows Vista.
I actually didn't realize that

_Pete_

I actually didn't realize that
No problem. You can upgrade from Vista using the media creation tool from Microsoft BUT to do it for Vista you would need to buy a product number for Windows 10. Vista wasn't a free upgrade to Windows 10.

_Glitch

Even if he could do that. A fresh install is always recommended when changing OS.
I don't understand what's so hard about just formatting your drive and install a new installation of Windows.

_Pete_

There is nothing hard about reinstalling a new installation of Windows. But a free upgrade from Vista to Win 10 cannot be done. But if the OP buys a product number for Win 10, for $110 in the USA and more if you are in Europe or the UK, then yes a clean install is the the only way to go.