Anyone else running Windows eight? and if so how do you like it?

Double-Aces

banned
This statement is a joke. You seem to be thinking along the lines of slate PC's, not actual tablets. Tablets aren't going to go anywhere; Android and iOS will be around for a long time.

And as far as IE goes, that's only for people that actually like IE (which is not me [obviously])

Another disgruntled Netscape user unearthed........... Android is a joke, the only reason that it is there in the first place, is because windows is or was too power and ram hungry to run on the dinky tablets that are out there now. Have no fear, 8 is about to change all of that and yes, Android might be around for a long time running microwave ovens and toasters, or perhaps running one of those Netscape equiped Android tablets...............Let the truth be known.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Another disgruntled Netscape user unearthed........... Android is a joke, the only reason that it is there in the first place, is because windows is or was too power and ram hungry to run on the dinky tablets that are out there now. Have no fear, 8 is about to change all of that and yes, Android might be around for a long time running microwave ovens and toasters, or perhaps running one of those Netscape equiped Android tablets...............Let the truth be known.

Wow. More random garbage tossed out there.

Now is when I yell TROLL.

voyagerfan99

Staff member

First off, what makes you think I'm a disgruntled Netscape user? Where the hell did that come from?

Android is not a joke - it's a solid OS. Tablets as we speak of them have not been created to run Windows and Windows has not been created to run on tablets. Slate PC's yes, but not tablets. That is where Android comes into play. Apple has iOS for it's tablets and mobile devices; Google jumped into the void and made money in the sector Apple couldn't reach - the "lower-end" and "affordable" range I suppose you could say. But just because it was the lower end of things did not keep Google from delivering quality.

Microsoft now wants to get more into the tablet area and also manufacture an OS that can power these tablets. Windows 8 is that OS and right now that is their heaviest marketing segment and presentation. But it does not mean that just because Windows is coming to a tablet that everyone is going to suddenly drop iOS and Android.

In conclusion: Just because it's your opinion doesn't mean that is how the world will turn out. It doesn't work like that.

Double-Aces

banned
First off, what makes you think I'm a disgruntled Netscape user? Where the hell did that come from?

Android is not a joke - it's a solid OS. Tablets as we speak of them have not been created to run Windows and Windows has not been created to run on tablets. Slate PC's yes, but not tablets. That is where Android comes into play. Apple has iOS for it's tablets and mobile devices; Google jumped into the void and made money in the sector Apple couldn't reach - the "lower-end" and "affordable" range I suppose you could say. But just because it was the lower end of things did not keep Google from delivering quality.

Microsoft now wants to get more into the tablet area and also manufacture an OS that can power these tablets. Windows 8 is that OS and right now that is their heaviest marketing segment and presentation. But it does not mean that just because Windows is coming to a tablet that everyone is going to suddenly drop iOS and Android.

In conclusion: Just because it's your opinion doesn't mean that is how the world will turn out. It doesn't work like that.

Android is an open source joke, like the programmers who work hard and then give their work away, because they would hate to ever be a billionaire. However it's not as funny as the five hundred dollar phone, without a 6 cent antenna.......Isn't that like a car, without an engine? or a camera without a lens? or a TV without a screen? But the really amazing thing, is that the fools who bought these things, got right back on line to throw their money away again. ***Smart phone users***

DMGrier

VIP Member
Android is an open source joke, like the programmers who work hard and then give their work away, because they would hate to ever be a billionaire. However it's not as funny as the five hundred dollar phone, without a 6 cent antenna.......Isn't that like a car, without an engine? or a camera without a lens? or a TV without a screen? But the really amazing thing, is that the fools who bought these things, got right back on line to throw their money away again. ***Smart phone users***

Your just stupid, Android is far more solid, it can do more for one and its hardware support is far superior, Android is about to get the new Nvidia quad core cpu in there phones and M$ answer to this was the new 1.5 Ghz single core cpu. It is sad that M$ has xbox live on there phone but with some of the rpg and FPS that are on the Android market place make it a better gaming platform. I had a windows phone at one point and all I can say is because of Windows OS and there mobile platform that is why I run Ubuntu and Android on my products and I do not look back.

Double-Aces

banned
Your just stupid, Android is far more solid, it can do more for one and its hardware support is far superior, Android is about to get the new Nvidia quad core cpu in there phones and M$ answer to this was the new 1.5 Ghz single core cpu. It is sad that M$ has xbox live on there phone but with some of the rpg and FPS that are on the Android market place make it a better gaming platform. I had a windows phone at one point and all I can say is because of Windows OS and there mobile platform that is why I run Ubuntu and Android on my products and I do not look back.

Is PC magazine stupid too? http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2387493,00.asp

How about this, http://gigaom.com/mobile/quad-core-android-tablets/

And don't forget this http://alexking.org/blog/2011/03/08/android-os-update-problem

And most important, don't forget that if you are using android, that you are using a program, that was modified in ways that you do not know, by the carrier that you are using, if that's not bad enough, some carriers have multiple versions, (flavors) of the OS in use. Can Google fix and update an OS that was modified by another company? Well they try, but it's next to impossible, but don't fret, Windows 8 is a single stable platform and it's on the way, and to make Apple users happy, the rumor is that Windows 8, just like the iphone will also not have a 6 cent antenna, but unlike the iphone without an antenna, Windows 8 will work.

Posted with Win-8........................just for U

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
And most important, don't forget that if you are using android, that you are using a program, that was modified in ways that you do not know, by the carrier that you are using, if that's not bad enough, some carriers have multiple versions, (flavors) of the OS in use. Can Google fix and update an OS that was modified by another company? Well they try, but it's next to impossible, but don't fret, Windows 8 is a single stable platform and it's on the way, and to make Apple users happy, the rumor is that Windows 8, just like the iphone will also not have a 6 cent antenna, but unlike the iphone without an antenna, Windows 8 will work.

Posted with Win-8........................just for U
You do know that the antenna is designed and implemented by the phone manufacture (HTC, Motorola, Samsung, etc.), and not by Android/Google right? There isn't much difference hardware wise between a WP and an Android phone, sure they have extremely cheap Androids that they give away for free, but don't assume all Android phones are built the same way.

By the way, didn't you hear about the iPhone 4 antenna issue? Apple doesn't include 6 cent antenna's.

To clarify, carriers aren't running different "flavors" of Android, they are running Android with a custom launcher (Sense or Motoblur for example), and some pre-loaded application. The OS itself is virtually the same.

Darthaus

Ok I have to say something, as much as I dislike Android there is no way any M$ OS will kill it. The biggest reason is because they are coming too late into the game. Also because they're M$, need I say more.

Back to the original topic, I have similar feelings as the rest of you. It's designed for touch and looks very tacky. I have to point out though that it isn't windows 8, it's Developer Preview, so there very well could be huge changes ( which there better be)

Last edited:

Double-Aces

banned
Clueless beyond all belief.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6XAPnuFjJc should make for a good intro.

Programmers don't give "their hard work away because they would hate to be millionaire". They contribute in OS projects because they enjoy it.

Open source programmers are retarded. Android is open source, Google, the tablet and phone makers are selling it on their products, making billions dude, not millions. The simple fact here is that the programmers who wrote and developed this code over the years get NOTHING except to watch others get rich. You can seriously claim that this is enjoyable? From my point of view, like I said this is retarded.

Double-Aces

banned
Ok I have to say something, as much as I dislike Android there is no way any M$ OS will kill it. The biggest reason is because they are coming too late into the game. Also because they're M$, need I say more.

Back to the original topic, I have similar feelings as the rest of you. It's designed for touch and looks very tacky. I have to point out though that it isn't windows 8, it's Developer Preview, so there very well could be huge changes ( which there better be)

Android will not be able to keep up with Windows 8 any better than Ubuntu can keep up with 7, it's just a fact.

PS. Go to a local Chevy dealer, wear some real nice cloths, so you get attention. Browse around the Tahoes and Suburbans for a while. When the salesperson comes over to you, ask him or her with a straight face, which new Suburban you can have for free......................? Then get out of there before the cops come....

voyagerfan99

Staff member
Open source programmers are retarded. Android is open source, Google, the tablet and phone makers are selling it on their products, making billions dude, not millions. The simple fact here is that the programmers who wrote and developed this code over the years get NOTHING except to watch others get rich. You can seriously claim that this is enjoyable? From my point of view, like I said this is retarded.

You clearly aren't paying attention.

Programmers don't "give their hard work away because they would hate to be millionaire". They contribute in OS projects because they enjoy it.

^This is 100% true.

Double-Aces

banned
You clearly aren't paying attention.

^This is 100% true.

Ok, then you tell me how many billions of dollars of products have been sold that use Android, and then tell us what the programmers who developed the code were paid? Then explain to the group why being stupid and POOR is better than being intelligent and rich?

PS. I will assume that you have a job, if you wish to work all week, then sign over your check to me, because working for free is fun. I will cash that check................Really.