Anyone Heard of Cyberdefender??

Anyone Heard of Cyberdefender?? My friend wants free AV and does not like AVG. Just wondering if anyone has heard of it or tried it?

alicein1derville

I would have to disagree. I have used Cyberdefender for the past year and have nothing but great things to say. I love the 24/7 tech support!!! They have answered everything from small questions regarding the software to questions about why I can't get my router and Wii to work together. They are always super helpful and courteous. Plus the software is very good and user friendly.

Markskib

Cyberdefender is bogus. I had it for a year and was infected 3 times in that time period. The customer service was great, they took control of my computer and cleaned it up every time but who wants to get infected in the first place... the software was a waste of time. As soon as I didn't re sign up for the premium support ..they left me hanging and I came here. You are better off with Microsoft Escentials which is free and add Superantispyware and Malyware. I havn't been infected since.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, me too. Just like those people that download those internet speed optimizer programs. What a joke.

StrangleHold

Staff member
These companies/so called companies found a nitch with these 30 seconds commercials. All kind of innocent noobs download it. Then 4/6 months later they change their name and do it again.

Drenlin

Hah...anyone remember the one where where woman was yelling at a supposed "mac" with xp on the screen?

Seriously though, Microsoft Security Essentials is brilliant, believe it or not. Give that a try too.