Anyone know how good Razer products are?

Wide_eyedPony

I've been looking into buying a few of their products recently; and they all look pretty good, but i'm having a hard time finding any good independent reviews on their stuff, anyone a fan of it or hate it all for any reason?

Any info on any of their products would be great.

Jamebonds1

I've been looking into buying a few of their products recently; and they all look pretty good, but i'm having a hard time finding any good independent reviews on their stuff, anyone a fan of it or hate it all for any reason?

Razer are okay but not really good. I have Cyborg RAT 7 and it is really good.

ayan

Razer are okay but not really good. I have Cyborg RAT 7 and it is really good.

Can you give us the specs, price (aproximate), and the overall experience? I mean, real peer-to-peer review, not every stupid review you find on the web..

Jamebonds1

Can you give us the specs, price (aproximate), and the overall experience? I mean, real peer-to-peer review, not every stupid review you find on the web..

Excuse me? It is not stupid to read review from web such as amazon or newegg. Unless it is not owner verify. I'm not the one OP who should read only my review, but OP have to reading review from newegg or amazon. Not just read my review only.

I'm not given review but I'm telling a reason why I like RAT 7. It is because it is strong mouse with metal chassis. I can adj part to make it more comfort. It has 18 programmable command. I used it for Black Ops. I can say greet, warming or kick, aka auto-type. Good program software. Primary button is rapid fire at about 2 ms. It is almost two years old.

I don't buy it from store, I trade it with my RAM which is 50 dollar but it is 90 on amazon or newegg.

For reason why I'm not really fan Razer. I noticed there have been some negative, bug, tracking issue, there is no air for palm hand and etc. Also it is from Microsoft (which also I'm not really fan), but old gaming device is better than new one.

Take look at it.
http://www.cyborggaming.com/prod/rat7.htm

PS: You should watch yourself while there is mods to watch.

Last edited:

NyxCharon

Razor in my experience could be summed up at this:
There laptop is cool, but overpriced
Mice are good, but nothing special
Keyboards are overpriced and have a tendency to have low quality, breakages aren't unusual.
Every other product is sub par at best.

This is just my opinion based on what I have used as well as what my friends have tried.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
In my somewhat limited, but sour, experience with Razor: the products are ok but they are expensive. I don't think the added cost is worth it.

I have a Lycossa keyboard but I'm going to replace it with something else (or, more likely, go back to my old Compaq ps/2 one) as it has hardware issues. I've RMAd it once already and the new one they sent me had the same issue. It's not worth it to pay for shipping to RMA it again.

alexjb

Hello, I've bought myself a RAT 7 Mouse and Razer Arctosa keyboard, and building my computer at the moment :) I'll give you a opinion on them when I've used them and if i remember :)

If you consider buying a razer arctosa keyboard make sure it's not black on black, my keyboard is black and the numbers are invisiable I cannot see what button is what unless I hold it to the sky lol

Jamebonds1

Razor in my experience could be summed up at this:
There laptop is cool, but overpriced
Mice are good, but nothing special
Keyboards are overpriced and have a tendency to have low quality, breakages aren't unusual.
Every other product is sub par at best.

This is just my opinion based on what I have used as well as what my friends have tried.

Plus, some razer keyboard have unnecessarily add-on such as USB-base built-in which is not good.

Hello, I've bought myself a RAT 7 Mouse and Razer Arctosa keyboard, and building my computer at the moment :) I'll give you a opinion on them when I've used them and if i remember :)

If you consider buying a razer arctosa keyboard make sure it's not black on black, my keyboard is black and the numbers are invisiable I cannot see what button is what unless I hold it to the sky lol

If you have razer keyboard what about built-in light?

I cant say from personal expirence, but from other people, it sounds like most razor products are unrealiable, usally get something wrong with them after a year. I would go Saitek (Cyborg), as their mice are nice, espieccaly the Rat 7 and 9, and dont break as fast, or logitech especially, most of their mice (notice MOST) of their mice are very nice. The G9x is a great choice, very durable.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Logitech are a great brand.

It depends on what you are talking about. I wouldn't recommend a Logitech joystick these days, the old gameport wingman's were great though.

I will say they make some good mice my MX510 or whatever it is is pretty good. Lasted years. I haven't tried a real keyboard from them yet.

Jamebonds1

It depends on what you are talking about. I wouldn't recommend a Logitech joystick these days, the old gameport wingman's were great though.

I will say they make some good mice my MX510 or whatever it is is pretty good. Lasted years. I haven't tried a real keyboard from them yet.

I had tried Logitech keyboard, it is good. Plus I noticed most of Logitech joystick didn't look like it is strong as my Cyborg X.