Anyone with IT skill?

hi learningmatt,

There are tons of tutorials on the web to help you learn both HTML as well as PHP.

I too am teaching myself web design right now. The way I got started was by Googling beautiful websites. Then I went to many (perhaps hundreds!) of these websites, and if I liked what I saw, I would go to View-->Page Source in my browser and take a look at the code that powered that page.

After I discovered that most serious web developers still "hard code" their sites rather than using programs like Dreamweaver, etc, I downloaded TextPad and got started building a website.

I don't know how most people do it, but for me it was easiest just to completely copy the code from a site that I liked, paste it into Textpad, save it as index.html, and then start editing it to learn how different things worked.

After I got some sembelance of a webpage together, I decided I wanted to share my site w/ the world so I downloaded and installed the Apache Webserver on my machine and got a free domain at .co.nr

Anyway, this is what I've got so far: http://www.jeremydean.co.nr/

If you can tell us more specifically what you're interested in creating, we may be able to better assist you. Hope I've pointed you in the right direction... :D

Back