anyone with tv tuner and OTA atsc experience i need help

bldgengineer

Up until a month ago I was receiving 30+ over the air channels with no problem. Now all of the sudden I can only pick up 3 which come from the same station (22.1, 22.2, 22.3) This is also the closest station to me.

I have tried a new amplifier and now a new tuner card with the same luck. Does anyone know of a different solution?

Old tuner = avertvhd a188
New tuner = hauppauge 2250

Any help os much appreciated!!

Okedokey

I would suggest you look at your antenae as you have isolated it to not be a part of your computer.

bldgengineer

the antenna should be fine. it hasn't moved from the same spot it has been in. is there something else that can go bad that I'm not thinking of?

tremmor

Outside i can get many local channels with Avermedia.
Inside nothing. Had to run a coax cable and plug in.
Get many.

bldgengineer

My antenna has always been in the attic. I used to get all of my local stations from both baltimore and washington dc when I live 30 miles away from both cities. I also used to pick up stations from 60 miles away in a complete different direction. Then one day it was like a light switch and everything shut down???

tremmor

Its the adventure and figuring it out........again.
Pops up once in a while with computers and another obstacle.
Its called figured it out and success. My question is how did you
determine it was a noise filter and how did you fix it?

I tried the antenna in the house that came with Avermedia and only worked
outside. No tv or AM/FM inside. The coax works well as mentioned.

bldgengineer

I forgot it was there until I was in the attic messing around with the antenna. I put a multimeter across both sides of the filter and didn't get any resistance at all so it was basically an open circuit so I just took the line going to the distibution box and hooked it straight to the antenna and presto! I actually have more channels than I did before lol

My antenna is fairly decent size and is built to be outside on in the attic:

http://www.antennasdirect.com/store/DB4_HDTV_antenna.html

I am currently picking up channels over 120 miles away from me! :eek:

Okedokey

I forgot it was there until I was in the attic messing around with the antenna. I put a multimeter across both sides of the filter and didn't get any resistance at all so it was basically an open circuit...QUOTE]

Open circuit would be infinite resistance actually. I knew it couldn't be the computer... ;)