MBGraphics
VIP Member
Ok, I have a Dell Dimention 8400.
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 630 3.0GHZ
GPU: ATI Radeon X300 SE
PSU: Im pretty sure is a 430 watt
Mother Board: Intel i925X, PCI-E X16
RAM: 3GB, 1GB(512mb X 2) @ 200MHz PC2-3200 and 2GB (1GB X 2) @ 266MHz PC2 4300.
Monitor: 19" standard (non wide-screen) I have 2 at this size, but need a DVI to VGA adapter so I can get the other one working.
Im pretty sure thats all you need to know about it to help me, but if not, let me know.
Basically I want to know if I can upgrade my GPU(or anything else), I know sombody that has an ATI X700 PRO that he is willing to let me have, but im not sure if it will go with my Mother Board and if my PSU can handle it.
I can only play CoD4 at 640x480 at lowest settings and only get around 30 FPS but it's very laggy most of the time.
I am just wondering if there is anything I can do until I gather up the $1000+ for a completly new system.
Thanks in advanced,
Mike
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 630 3.0GHZ
GPU: ATI Radeon X300 SE
PSU: Im pretty sure is a 430 watt
Mother Board: Intel i925X, PCI-E X16
RAM: 3GB, 1GB(512mb X 2) @ 200MHz PC2-3200 and 2GB (1GB X 2) @ 266MHz PC2 4300.
Monitor: 19" standard (non wide-screen) I have 2 at this size, but need a DVI to VGA adapter so I can get the other one working.
Im pretty sure thats all you need to know about it to help me, but if not, let me know.
Basically I want to know if I can upgrade my GPU(or anything else), I know sombody that has an ATI X700 PRO that he is willing to let me have, but im not sure if it will go with my Mother Board and if my PSU can handle it.
I can only play CoD4 at 640x480 at lowest settings and only get around 30 FPS but it's very laggy most of the time.
I am just wondering if there is anything I can do until I gather up the $1000+ for a completly new system.
Thanks in advanced,
Mike