Anyway to connect this to a laptop?

ANNR

Does anybody know if it is possible to hook this Surveillance Camera up to my laptop?

If I can, what software should I use?

I need the software to be able to monitor and record two cameras at once and also be able to automatically save the footage every 30min to an hour.

Thank you

ANNR

Nice, That is just want I need.

One more question. Is there anything to worry about with the camera being wireless and all? Should I get a wired one instead? How easy is it for other people to tab into my wireless cams?

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Those camera's probably just use a basic analog wireless setup, so they'd probably be rather easy to hack into given the right hardware (IE another receiver) Plus, as with any wireless equipment, the signal will degrade and pick up interference pretty easily.

Have you considered an IP camera?

ANNR

Those camera's probably just use a basic analog wireless setup, so they'd probably be rather easy to hack into given the right hardware (IE another receiver) Plus, as with any wireless equipment, the signal will degrade and pick up interference pretty easily.

Have you considered an IP camera?

IP cameras seems to be expansive.

Will couple of these do? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16881381037

Can I still use the USB capture card with it?

ANNR

Any basic capture card would do just fine.

http://www.amazon.com/Diamond-VC500-Touch-Capture-Device/dp/B000VM60I8/

(just finding a USB one that's got high ratings, but anything of that nature would do just fine)

The Other One. I was just wondering. I will be using a software to record the video footage. Will I still need the capture card?

Is there anything can can convert the connector from the wireless video cam to a usb so I connect it to my laptop?

Thanks

ANNR

I looked around for a bit, and seems the capture card you found is the best way to go.

There is not much to see in my backyard so I guess no one will want to tab my signal. >.<

Thanks for the help the other one