AOC 24G2U/BK stand on other monitors

h3donyst

Hi, I bought 24G2U/BK AOC monitor and mounted it on another type of stand more suitable for my setup. I'm left with AOC original monitor stand, looks great, but I have no use for it so I'm wondering, is there any way to mount other vesa compatible monitors on said stand?
I feel it's kind of a waste to have it sitting here and looking pretty with no use for it.

IMG_20220109_113931.jpg

h3donyst

You should be able to providing it's not a weird Vesa mount.
IMG_20220109_183114.jpgIMG_20220109_183109.jpgIMG_20220109_183121.jpg

Well... I'm not sure but it sure looks like a weird vesa mount only meant for AOC monitor. Those are not screw holes on the plate, its where the plastics is attached to metal plate.

TigerFish

TigerFish

I saw your attachments. Review the standard. It specifies distances between screw holes in a square pattern. Those little clips on your mount would indicate it is not a VESA mount but a proprietary mount AOC. None of your attachments would indicate the mount meets any standard.

beers

Staff member
There's some other monitors like a few Dell ones such as S2716DG that also support a similar pin/lock style clamp, might depend on the specific monitor.

Otherwise you'd be better off with a VESA mount, usually those panels have VESA holes behind or around the quick mount mechanism.