AOL error I keep getting...

JMadden155

Hi. :) Unfortunately, I keep getting this message (see attached image) from AOL every so often and am forced to shut it down and restart it because of it. I'm not sure what to do, as I don't have any firewalls installed. Is there a way to fix it short of reinstalling AOL completely?

Attachments

• AOLHelp.jpg
    AOLHelp.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 65

spazz31585

well, personally, i would greatly advise you to uninstall aol, back up data, format and reload your system, and then switch ISP's. aol is a computer full of spyware waiting to happen
i have had so many calls from people who are loaded with spyware and viruses. and yet, they have aol's supposed virus protection and anti-spam.
aol chat room's are pretty kewl. aim is awsome(although trillian is better for an all-in-one type messenger). but aol itself, i have never heard anything but complaints about.

i had one guy call me the other day, the only problem with his whole computer was that when he tried to change settings on aol, it froze up his computer and he was forced to reboot. guy called aol. and of course, they told him to call us.
not to mention the fact that it's so expensive.
(sorry if i seem like i'm ranting)

if you still prefer to use aol, i would say about the best way to fix the problem is to check and see if windows firewall is on or not. and if it's not and you're still having the issue, reinstall aol

and if that still don't solve it, do you remember when the problem began?...maybe do a system restore?

Verve

AOL really is a crappy program, no offence. You could always just check mail from online.