apple itouch

cameronp29

what does everyone think about this thing?i needed some kind of mp3 player so I ordered one of these about 10 min ago. my friend got one and i thought it was pretty sweet. it would be cool for college because of the built in wi fi and all. anybody got one?? what do you think? worth it? by the way i bought the 16gb one for 400.

bigsaucybob

They look cool, but they aren't worth it. There is probably a different mp3 out there with wi-fi and many more features.

jimmymac

VIP Member
I have one and its been superb, never tried iPod before and never been intersted to but this one caught my eye a bit and the simplicity of it is excellent.

Using the Wi-fi and Safari browser when out and about couldnt be easier, picks up networks very simply and you're off an running. The setup of navigating through albums and such is very easy to use too.

Personally I would definately recommend it

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
I think the name is most unfortunate.

Doesn't a zune or zune 2 have similar features for less?

jimmymac

VIP Member
zune only had wi-fi to synch with the pc or connect one zune to another, internet browsing and downloads/updates on the move were not available

Not seen anything on the Zune2 yet to comment but its not out yet. In fact I dont even know if Zune is out in the UK at all as i've not seen it anywhere.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I think the zune is only sold in the US right now. Still might be worth a look if the 2nd gen model has all the same stuff and gets sold world wide.

wungoodshu

I forget the name of it (my friend knows, I can ask him later) but there's an mp3 player that is 80gb, video (bigger screen than iPod vid and better quality) some kind of DVR or something and some other sweet features for $250. Not sure if it has wi-fi or not.

lee101

VIP Member
I received mine the other day, and it is amazing! Web browsing is excellent (i was expecting it to be a bit annoying on some sites, with such a low resolution, but safari does a good job fo resizing them. Youtube is excellent, does need to be connected to wifi though, but it is great if you just want to listen to something you don't have. I'd totally reccomend it, certainly something you won't regret buying!

holdenssx

Is the touch basicly the IPhone without he phone feature?

Pretty much, except no external speaker, bluetooth, and no camera. I think there might be a couple of more differences but who knows.

And to the OP, personally, I like the iPod Touch, its really thin and all, but its super expensive.