Apple mac mini 1

tommyh72001

Hi all need some help how to hook up 2 apple cinema display 27" a1316 to mac mini m1 i know only one type c port on the mac mini is only for display but i do have HDMI port on the back of the mac mini but not to sure what cable to buy to hook up to my other screen

Last edited:

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
You need an HDMI to Mini-Displayport adapter, and a USB-C to Mini-Displayport adapter.

tommyh72001

Hi

voyagerfan99 thanks for the quick response could you send me a link to were i can buy the HDMI to Mini-Displayport adapter,i have the USB-C to Mini-Displayport adapter already​

just looked for it found one https://www.amazon.co.uk/CABLEDECON...9d7-4804-a763-58d9cc1fe242&pd_rd_i=B00VI3OB26

but little confused why i would need the USB-C to Mini-Displayport adapter. as the

HDMI to Mini-Displayport​

does not have a type C to connect to it has Mini-displayport?

sorry for the confusion you mean type USB-C to Mini-Displayport adapter.i already have that one plugged into my first screen but i get what you mean for the other screen i need to buy the

HDMI to Mini-Displayport Thanks for your help​

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
You said you have two apple cinema display 27" a1316. They only use a mini displayport that I am aware of. That's why you need the adapter.

You said the mac mini has an HDMI and one USB-C that can do video. You want to use both displays don't you? So you need the two adapters.