Apple

noora

Hello everyone

can anyone give me some information (general idea) about APPLE DESKTOP COMPUTERS and i would like to get some information about a low, mid and high range (based on specifications) apple desktop computers , i am doing a research and your help will be appreciated,

thank you in advance =)

ps. please provide me links of web pages if possible

Troncoso

VIP Member
www.apple.com <<< good place to start

There isn't really low/mid/high range when it comes to apple. For example:

-All new macs use the i5, the i7, or the Xeon processors
-The all use the same type of RAM, all machines (besides Mac pros)
having a max capacity of 8GB or memory
-They all use the same keyboard, sound card and speakers, screen, etc.
-If you buy a stock system, your only options are really just
2 different processors and 2 different size hard drives

Your question should really be more specific if you are planning a purchase

noora

thnx 4 replying

yh i noticed that too ....
it doesnt really need to be a new Mac desktop
actually its my research project, i am wondering if anyone could give me some useful links that would help me to compare and classify,,,

i need to classify 3 apple desktop computers based on their memory , speed, warranty, processor , prize, and other specifications

for example a mac for home use/
mac for business or something/
and mac for an animation company /

Last edited:

Geoff

VIP Member
Apple has very few computer products, relative to other manufactures.

For laptops, they have the MacBook Air and MacBook Pro. For desktop the have the Mac Mini and Mac Pro. That's it. For business most likely you would get either a MacBook Pro, Mac Mini Server, or Mac Pro.

Really, any of their models can be used for home or business, while their Mac Pro's being best for animation.

tremmor

[-0MEGA-];1694563 said:
Apple has very few computer products, relative to other manufactures.

For laptops, they have the MacBook Air and MacBook Pro. For desktop the have the Mac Mini and Mac Pro. That's it. For business most likely you would get either a MacBook Pro, Mac Mini Server, or Mac Pro.

Really, any of their models can be used for home or business, while their Mac Pro's being best for animation.

I agree Omega
its not the standard in the industry. I would stay with majority.
Graphics yes. Industry just won't happen soon.
Nice computer though. not standard.

jonnyp11

he means the 4th gen i guess, the new one with 2 cameras. but you guys are forgetting the iMac, if you go to the mac tab on their site it lists their 5 models, really is sad when compared to any other manufacturer, but theirs are so good reall and they only use the newest tech and all that they have no need for the other stuff.

i'd say home would be the macbook pro or mac mini, business and animation would both be either the pro or the imac, but the imac would be the lower of the 2 i guess so i'd say imac for business and pro for animation

Last edited: