Aquiring network address when already connected

baseballplayer217

Ok so heres my problem, I turn on my wireless and it does the whole acquiring network address, but never gives the the connected icon (only the acquiring icon). After thinking this is weird i check to see if i have an IP, which i did at that time i was able to get on the internet. This also does this when i am plugged into the network. it is quite annoying going and checking if i have an ip each time so is there anyway i could fix this problem? I have the latest drivers. my wireless card is a intel 2915abg and my nic is a broadcom 440x 10/100, the computer is a dell inspiron 6000.

computerhakk

VIP Member
Do you have set ip's for your computers? Or they all on automatically detect. It's looking and acquiring an ip because it doesn't have one or you didn't give it one, so unless it finds it, it'll keep doing that.

baseballplayer217

it is suppose to give me an ip automatically according the tcp/ip settings on both the wireless and the local area connection, i can get on the internet, just the icon in the lower right corner always says acquiring network address, when i do get an ip the icon still says acquiring network?? it annoys me!!

computerhakk

VIP Member
Yeah, it's set to Automatic Detect is what I'm saying. So instead of you giving it one, it's searching for one until it receives one from your router. You can either try to manually give yourself ip addresses, or if it's not that, it might be a registry entry being messed up. You can try a registry cleaner to see if it might of been an invalid path or anything that is making it do that.

Other than that, I'm not really quite sure why it'll keep popping up.

baseballplayer217

i used norton system works registry cleaner that didnt help, it worked just fine then all of a sudden started doing this? it has worked with no problems for about 6 months now, then in the past 2 weeks its been doing this?