Are There any Nasties Left? HJT log included

leanneqld

I'll get to the homepage soon but this is what happened re the wall paper..
navigated to(in the affected user account) c:\documents and settings\user name\..............thats as far as i can go...local documents is missing. So i switched users to a non-affected one.....i can find the affected user there all the way to wallpaper1.......odd
so i renamed that to wallpaper_old and could change the wallpaper to that pic, only it's the non affected user's wallpaper.

I switched back to the problem user account and tried finding the file via right clicking on start/explore/kids(user account)....same problem..local documents still missing.

So I checked further.....every user if accessed from the problen user account is missing the local documents folder.

ceewi1

VIP Member
Try (within the affected account), clicking on Start -> Run and type in the following:
%userprofile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft
Click OK. Does that bring up a folder containing wallpaper1?

leanneqld

it brings up both wallpaper thumbnails..wallpaper 1 and wallpaper_old.
Above that in the white area i get "no preview available" but if i click on the thumbnails the wallpapers will be displayed.

Also, I have fixed the homepage problem. I used the do not hijack homepage fix in Superantispyware.

leanneqld

I still cannot set these previews as desktop wallpaper
Perhaps I should just delete the user account and start a new one?????

ceewi1

VIP Member
Sorry about the delay, you can try deleting the wallpaper1 and seeing if that makes a difference. At this point, though, I would suggest that creating a new User Account would be the easiest way to solve the problem.

leanneqld

no problem with the delay...after re-reading my post I thought I may have led you to believe i had fixed everything ( ha ha ha )

I also discovered that I cannot open windows live messenger or the recycle bin....so I am going to attempt to remove the user account altogether.....will post the result (successful or not).

leanneqld

OK....quick and easy, deleted the user and created a new one. Everything works as it should.

ceewi1.......many many thanks for all your help. It is greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Leanne

ceewi1

VIP Member
Your welcome, I'm sorry we couldn't fix up that wallpaper problem, but glad that everything's fixed now!