are these 2 boards pretty good?

StrangleHold

Staff member
Doesn't quite work that way, but i get what you mean ;)

They call it Phases for a reason. A choke is either on or off and no two chokes are on at the same time, it does work that way. Each choke has its own caps and mosfets and work in a on and off phase. a 10 vs. a 5 choke sytem. The 5 choke system each choke is on 50% more of the time then a 10 phase.

Last edited:

kdfresh09

i understand what your saying. so then i made a good choice in going with the maximus v gene then. i got it in the mail today. its a very nice board. havnt put it together yet though, im waiting on a few parts still. and i think im going to go with the sabertooth as well for my customer. i know the ud5h has a better phase design, (16+8 i believe) and the sabertooth has 8+6 or 8+4, cant remember. the msata drive should be intresting to see how much bandwidth i actualy get out of the 550mb/s rating the ssd is rated at.

StrangleHold

Staff member
i understand what your saying. so then i made a good choice in going with the maximus v gene then.

Asus can make a good board. At one time Asus is all I would buy. Over the years alot of manufactures have made good overclocking/stable boards. Use to buy alot of Abit/DFI/Epox and Soyo, made some really good boards but are no longer around. But back on track, Asus can make a good board, but in the last few years their quality control and customer service have gone down hill. If you get a good board and have no issues with it so you dont have to fool with their C.S. or a RMA you will be good to go. For the last 4/5 years I have bought nothing but Gigabyte.

Last edited:

gigabiteme

boards

i've used both asus and gigabyte boards/asus m5a97 am3+-sata3 is
a good/easy set up board/with win 7 and 120gbssd 9secs to windows 7
from pushing start button.

kdfresh09

PRITHIVE...the boards i am refering to by asus are not low end boards, and im not looking to get a old socket 1366 board either, and be stuck on 1st gen i series cpu's..? are you serious? iether re read my post, or work on your understanding of english. not meaning to be rude, but your entire reply has no relation to this thread, since im not looking for a 1366 socket since i already have the 3770k, and the asus boards are in the higher end quality form asus. all of which is noted in my post...thanks for your attempt to help though. and just so everyone knows, the asus maximus v gene board is great, other than 1 thing...the msata is only sata 2, not 3 like the video i watched says. my 256gig msata ssd is sata 6 thats supposed to get 550mbs, but when using the msata slot, i only get around 280mbs. i have a sata adaptor for it, and when i use that and plug it into a sata 6 port, i get 546mbs, but i think ill just keep it in the msata port. its cleaner this way, and it mounted right to the board, so i like that feature. and i decided to get the sabertooth boad for my customer. that should be a good board as well. thanks for your help guys, and im stil open to opinions and thoughts. i also just ordered 2 x gtx 670 4gig cards ill be sure to post some pics of both builds, and i will set one up in sli to do some bench marks, and hopefully take over the 3dmark 11 thread....;):)

prithive

Hello, recently I bought Asus P8Z77-V LX..Seriously, that board is worse and suitable for high performance....It is high end board as well..Not only that, I have used 5 ASUS boards..Asus is not doing well in motherboard industry...So, I knew that you will do whatever **** for ASUS..

kdfresh09

alright. so here are the specs.
-Fractle case
-asus maximus v gene
-i7 3770k
-4x4gig mushkin 1600 cas 8
-GTX 480...(soon to be evga gtx 670 4 gig in 2 weeks)
-mushkin 256 msata ssd
-1tb hd
-2tb hd
-2x3tb hd
-creative xfi titanium sound card
-haupauge 1250 tv tuner
-antec kuhler 920 cpu cooler
-corsair gs700 psu
-sony blue ray drive

the sabertooth build is on its way to being finished as well. ill post that up in a couple weeks.

DSCN1720.jpg

Last edited: