Are these SPECs too good to be true?

ryanmccauley211

Hi,

I came across a desktop PC. It has no monitor and no operating system but I was going to install Linux anyway. It said reduced from £900 down to £360. Here are the SPECs

VIBOX Work Station 6 Desktop PC Computer
4.0GHz AMD FX Eight Core Processor
Processor Type Athlon 64 FX
2TB Hard Drive
32GB RAM
Processor Socket SocketAM3+
Processor Count 8
Graphics Card Ram Size 1910 MB
Hard Disk Technology HDD 7200 rpm
Gamer Case
No Operating System

The website is reputable, I have never heard of VIBOX so any information would be great. Thanks.

Laquer Head

Nothing special about it, just a basic machine with storage. but the price is low.. although, still not sure if its a good deal - that depends on what you want to do.

mistersprinkles

Motherboard is probably crap. You don't want to put an FX 8 core on a crap motherboard. 32GB of RAM is overkill.. FX 8 core is outdated and newer better AMD stuff is around the corner. Graphics card is 2GB... of what? 750Ti? Worse? Who knows... doesn't say.
You're always better off building your own machine, honestly. Though there are some good deals on complete cyberpower and ibuypower machines at Best Buy this boxing week. Check them out.

Geoff

VIP Member
That's a very basic computer, nothing special. We need to know what the actual video card is though, just saying a 2GB video card means absolutely nothing.

StrangleHold

Staff member
Never heard of a Athlon 64 FX 8 core. If its 4ghz. its probably a FX 8370. Better be a good board. Doesn't list the video card or power supply.