Are these USB cables the same?

bamhm182

Well, my mom lost her USB cable for her Kodak Easyshare P712, and she wanted me to find another one on newegg, after some research, I found the cable on the Kodak website, but for $25, WAY more than she wanted to spend. Than when I was looking at another cable, I noticed that it was the mini-B type USB cable, but it went by a differant name. So my question is are these 2 cables the same? If not, what type of cable is the cable from the Kodak website?

Kodak Cable

I was going to put up a newegg link with a USB mini-A cable, but I can't find the link anymore... Anyways, is this the same as this? I could find out anything about it before I found out that that might be what I'm looking for, but now that I know I can't even find a picture I was looking at...

bamhm182

Yeah, that's the problem, I'm not really sure what the Kodak one looks like because the picture doesn't get any bigger, I'm thinking about just ordering the cable from Newegg because it's $2, if we waste $2 it's pretty much no big deal...

Campo

banned
Hey bam mate!

I'm Campo from psp-forum. Well not anymore as you know.....

If you want I am pretty sure my camera uses the same USB cable as that and i will take a picture of the connection for you tonight or tomorow...

bamhm182

Oh, hey man, what's up?

Also, it's all good, thanks for the offer though. My mom and I are running by wal-mart because last time I was there I saw an adapter for like EVERY USB type ever invented, I'm sure it'll be in that pack.

cohen

check the manual and see what it says.

Most cameras used the same cable so you are able to use another one, but i'm not sure with kodak.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Most cameras used the same cable so you are able to use another one, but i'm not sure with kodak.
There are two types used in cameras: micro and mini

800px-USB_types_2.jpg

Micro is the leftmost, mini is the 2nd left most