are they for real?

Switch

I clicked the 3rd link form the top to learn more.

Just look at the fine print. This looks like the ever so familiar "rent to own" deal.

Intel Celeron 2200 MHz Processor
15" Color CRT Monitor
128 MB DDRAM Memory
40 GB Hard Drive
48X CDROM DRIVE
3.5" Floppy Drive
AGP Video Card
2 Stereo Speakers
56.6K Modem
Integrated 10/100 Networking
104 Key Keyboard
Mouse
Microsoft Windows XP Home
Microsoft Internet Explorer
Star Office Productivity Suite
FREE EMAIL
One year parts and labor warranty
Technical Support

It says right when you go to order it, that the end cost is $1434.48

I think that you can get a cheap Dell for about $500, which probably has better components and support. (Not saying much there)

Credit deals like this is exactly what causes people to get into more debt and screwed over in the end. I detest orginizations like this. :mad:

The only time these would ever be benificial to someone is if their credit is already trashed, and they have no hope of financing a PC otherwise.

Last edited:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I clicked on the first one. I havnt stopped laughing. Theres nothing special about them computers. Lack of HTTPS doesnt help much

zilla

If you absolutely had to have one... I guess you could do that. But it is not a good idea. Just save a little cash ( I know that ain't easy, but it's always worth it ) , and buy something locally where you could pay cash.

fultz

Dell Dimension 4600
Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz
512 MB Ram
80 GB HDD
CDRW/DVD-ROM Combo Drive
56K Modem
10/100 Nic Card
Speakers
Keyboard and Mouse
Win XP Home
17” CRT Monitor

$93.00 a month for 2 YEARS = $2232.00

You can get this same computer from dell for $17/Month with a 2.8GHz Processor. In other words, buying from that guy up there is like them offering a special deal. Buy now and take a $1683.00 Loss, but only for a limited time!

The computer im buying with a gig of ram, a 3.4ghz p4, an nvidia geforce 6800gt, 250gb hdd, a dvd+/-rw dual layer burner, a 17" crt monitor, a sound blaster audigy 2 zs gamer, a 6 piece speaker set with subwoofers, a 450watt power supply, is not going to cost even half of that shit system up there.

Conclusion: RIP OFF.

robina_80

yeah its for real BUT youve got to pay monthly or even WEEKLY if i was dumb i still wouldnt fall for that youll be paying louds