Are Video Games Addictive?

ITMonkey

I'm doing a report asking Are Video Games Addictive? And would like to know peoples opinion. Please give reasons why you do or dont think games are addictive. Thanks

Justin

VIP Member
it depends. if the game catches your attention and interest, you'll be sucked into playing it. it happened to me with FEAR Extraction Point, i finished it in 5 hours.

so i'd say yes if the game really interests you.

CopperKid

yea i'd agree with him

if you are into video games then they are easily addicting but it also depends on the game, if its a well made game and fun/interesting ect then yea you can get 'addicted' to it

but if it sboring, bad graphics, no story ect then no, i dont think it would be

bigl2007

yes

they are addicting but they do keep you outta trouble i play more video games nowdays to keep me off the streets prettymuch.

i feel its better to be angry and play video games and murder and kill in video games then it is to actually do it in real life ya feel me.

im hooked on guild wars i hardly play other games beside it its my favorite game for pc has been for awhile now i had factions for going on a year and im still hooked

n3kro

i would say yes..
once in a while you hear on the news where some kid died playing a game (mostly WoW these days) because he didnt eat or anything.
i would say thats addiction

lion149

When you say "addiction" i just think about the definition of the word first & then relate it to the topic. I feel as if this is the easiest way to approach discussions such as this one. So i feel a loose definition of addiction would be something that effects ones normally daily routine in a detrimental way.
So if you find yourself rushing and late for work or, eating fast food instead of cooking a meal (if you normally do so) then i would say YEP, you may be forming an addiction!
Just my 2 cents, and yes i feel i have been addicted to many games...

PohTayToez

I think that literally ANYTHING can become addictive when used excessively by the wrong person. Something like video games are not inherently addictive, but some people possess addictive personalities and could become addicted to video games.

hpi

banned
Yes they can get very addicting.

Just like s3x, drugs, racing cars or something if you like something a lot it will stimulate your brain and release endorphins and reward you and video games do the same.

I am addicted to css because I love it so much but say fear Im not addicted to it bc it's not that amazing to me anymore.

patrickv

YES they are extremely addicting, i know, cause i was addicted to my xbox, i couldn't resist to turn it on everyday and play San Andreas or just cause, i'd play it 5hours a day.
YES again it is addicting and to stop the addiction is very difficult

DirtyD86

banned
ive never hit rock bottom as a result of playing a video game. so for me no they arent addictive. habit forming maybe, but so is anything else thats enjoyable. i always hear of people killing themselves and others either intentionally or indirectly through playing wow (usually its wow) so i dunno... i guess for some they are addictive

CrazyEh

Not for me anyway. I do enjoy them, but if something else in the real world needs done, it doesn't get pushed aside for video games. Don't get much free time with work now, but when I do get alot of free time, I do set some of it for gaming, thats about it for me.

GMEOVR83

<opinion>No..video games are NOT addictive. An addictoin or a craving is a lot different from what you get from video games. While it is possible for some1 to become addictd to a game...they could just as easily get addicted to something else. I have a WoW-obsessed friend, and we often joke that he is addicted...but he's not. He will literally play 8 hours a day, but he's not addicted. He just rly enjoys the game and wants to play it more. If Blizzard's servers were somehow destroy and he could never play again...he would be upset...but he wouldnt go into a withdrawl. Like he wouldnt get pale and shaky or get a fever...he'd just be a little miffed that he wasted a chunk of his life on this game.

So while someone COULD get addicted to a video game...they are no more addictive than other leisure activities.</opinion>

there u go u got my opinion XD

hpi

banned
haha longest hes played is 12 hours? Ive been up 48 hours striahgt and more on css.

Im an addict, I know.