Are you getting World Of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade?

When are you getting WoW- The Burning Crusade?

• I already pre-ordered it!

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • I'll get it within the first few weeks

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • Not buying it- Giving up WoW so I can actually have a life (lol jk)

Votes: 6 9.8%
  • I don't play WoW nor do I associate myself with it

Votes: 44 72.1%

• Total voters

brinky2006

Im very sorry to all of the WoW fans out there, but I cant stand it lol. IMO Delta Force/Joint Ops and Battlefield 2/2142

tobywuk

i used to be addicted to it and spend hour on the game.. to get what? some pixels for my character?

I sold m character on ebay for £200 and got my life back. dont want to get addicted again

tobywuk

i played my char for about 5,6 months. if your thinking of making it a living, then its not worth it lol. better off going out and getting a job :p

Geoff

VIP Member
I dont play WoW, but a friend wanted me to sell some of his pre-ordered copies and they were going for $200+ each.

robina_80

my mates got WoW and hes a NERD no joke whenever im round his flat he's in his bedroom on his computer 24/7 also hes got a headset so he talks to all his Nnerdy mates but now hes calmed down but since this add on pack coming out im sure hes gonna be a NERD again

EDIT i think its sad i play counter strike source but still i have a life i know when enougths enougth

Rip_Uk

i played my char for about 5,6 months. if your thinking of making it a living, then its not worth it lol. better off going out and getting a job :p

definitely not lol. But the game does appeal to me and if it were a one off fee for the game I would buy and play it. It is the most played online game of today for a reason and RPG Adventure games are of my favourites.

Darman

it costs money because blizzard has to upkeep their servers, and make sure that they're available 24/7. guild wars is free because they release chapters built upon the same engine, and you are inclined to buy those. CS:S and similair games are free because the servers aren't hosted by valve. if it were, then it would cost money to play.

P.S. some mmorpgs have third party private server patches. private servers are free, so you only have to pay for the game disc. Lineage 2 has a patch like that, and one is being worked on for star wars galaxies. The only disadvantage of private servers is the fact that they are not up all of the time.

Last edited:

Rip_Uk

can you guarantee that there will be a private server available if people buy the game though?

HumanMage

I would advise against playing on a private server. They are illegal first of all and bad consequences can come of them, if somehow blizzard finds out you play on that, as it breaks the rules of the liscense agreement. I've heard plenty of horror stories about those. Plus why would you want to "cheat" on game like WoW...nearly every aspect is perfect :)

grimxx

I cant stand MMORPGs, i always start too late, and so everyone is lightyears ahead of me, and i cant get anything done, etc. I can never get into them.
lol agreed I never seem to catch up to them and that just suxks thats why i like shooters a billion times better no matter what level you are on a gun is a gun

lovely?

this is just astounding. any other time, there would be millions of people saying how they love mmorpg's and WoW. unfortunately, they are all still playing ;) so they dont know that this thread exists yet

Geoff

VIP Member
This game was selling on eBay for a few hundred dollars, and upon release you can buy them at best buy for around $40.

LordVixen7

Eh, world of warcraft people look funny and not that great. Theres too many people that play and im surprised people dont die from seizures. Play EverQuest it's alot better.

skidude

are you a NERD, lol joke

Hey..... I dont waste my life playing WoW.... the most i've ever played in one sitting is 2 hours, then it got really boring so I just did something else... there are people who play for 12-24 hours at a time.