LibreOffice or OpenOffice?

• LibreOffice

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • OpenOffice

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Keta

I just recently compared the two, and they look awful like eachother.

But there is a few noticable differences from an eye-look.
Logo's and missing/added features.

What do you guys (and girls) think of each?
Are you hooked on one-another or fan of both?

Sub Q - Comparing the two 'Calc', which one is best then?

_Kyle_

I rarely use word processors, but I have used LibreOffice before on AntiX. I was overall satisfied with it.

Darren

Staff member
OpenOffice is relatively abandoned compared to Libre and it shows. I install Libre on all computers we sell here at work, used to be Open.

Keta

Thank you for all the replies!

I used to use OpenOffice (I still like it, don't doubt it), but Libre sold me completely.
Though I think they look awful like eachother (for a reason), they just made more and better promises, that has made me believe more in LibreOffice - and because I was about to install Linux on my computer, and LibreOffice are on Linux.

Well, you can also look at it, this way... why pay for (Microsoft Office) something, when you can get it for (OpenOffice/LibreOffice) free?

Darren

Staff member
LibreOffice and Open serve their function for general usage on the consumer level but for the business world you can't really replace MS Office. Outlook in particular is essential in a lot of businesses and I personally love OneNote. Excel also has some higher level patented functions that more advanced business users need. I've always found the Presentation software lackluster compared to PowerPoint. It's good for doing basic papers and spreadsheets but I'd still probably pay for MS Office if I ever lose my free access to it through school or work.