ARGH!! WTF!! First Boot gone BAD!!!

Smokie Flame

I added an edit to my origanal post that explains about the CPU. Read it, it will help alot. As for legal action it is VERY hard to take it against an online company, if you bought the PC from them replace the mobo as your furtunit it is a custum built and will take any mobo you put in it so long as the specs match. If u just got the mobo from them then I would again cut your losses and report it to the BBB and hope you save the next person. This is coming from someone who is in your shoes with buying a comp online and it not working then them not honering the warrenty saying I had to have droped it becouse there was damage to teh case that I still to this day can not see. I filed small claims on them to find out becouse the shop I bought it from was owned by someone in NY I had to file an actuall law suit meaning I had to pay for attornies and filing fees that reach up to $1500 just for a $300 loss. It wouldnt be so bad if they didnt have every loophole to make sure you have to wait 3-4 years even if you win just to collect and that is if they havent went under by then.

panther05

Blue said:
Have you at least tryed to reset the bios?

what they guy who helped me did at the end was reset the CMOS (not sure what it is, just remember him saying that) and I recall seeing him remove the motherboard round lithium battery for a minute and changing some jumpers around...then placing everything back

how do you reset the bios....if it's not hard, i can give it a try

Last edited:

panther05

yeah i'll be returning everything

bad news is that i can't return it to newegg because it had a 7 day return policy

now i must go to ASUS and attemp to have them hopefully refund the money

i aslo have to go to Intel to have them refund me for the CPU

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
what they guy who helped me did at the end was reset the CMOS (not sure what it is, just remember him saying that) and I recall seeing him remove the motherboard round lithium battery for a minute and changing some jumpers around...then placing everything back

how do you reset the bios....if it's not hard, i can give it a try

That was reseting the bios. Sorry you could not get it working, good luck with getting a replacement and I hope it does not discourage you from building your own in future PC purchases.

panther05

WOW you will not believe this ...LOL

I listed all the components on ebay to sell for the same price I would be receiving from newegg....these were listing with only the name of the product, created solely for the purpose of listing the thread in the "Components for Sell" forum.

Anyway....about half an hour after listing them, I sold the video card, and almost about to sell the RAM...and my thread hasnt even been approved my the admin yet.

:D

Looks like i'll be getitng most of my money back, minus the 15% but oh well, leson learned.

kobaj

VIP Member
I am sorry I read about half this thread and by then I was freaking lol, so I havnt read the whole thing. Ok this has happened to me many times before. but before I get started I have to say, who ever said it is hard to underclock and exspensive....your confused. Now I saw you were confused about overclocking, overclocking is were you make your computer go faster (in a sence). Now to fix it you have to reset your cmos. All you have to do is remove the battery and set the pins in the reset position.

EDIT: I just finished reading the whole thread, oh you got it fixed...oh well hopefully ebay goes better.

Last edited:

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
All you have to do is remove the battery and set the pins in the reset position.

Been covered :)

EDIT: I just finished reading the whole thread, oh you got it fixed...oh well hopefully ebay goes better.

hehe I've done this myself ;).