Aspire 1522WLMi

Bastiaan1986

Hey,
I have an acer aspire 1522WLMi laptop and have a question about it. When I open the Nvidia laptop display at the desktop I can set the resolution. Normally I can choose from: 800 x 600, 1024 x 768 or 1280 x 800. But I can also enable more options by clicking on: "Hide modes this monitor does not support". And in the help section it says:"choosing a mode that is inappropriate for your display may cause severe display problems and could damage your hardware". My question is if anybody knows if it really could damage my display when I set the resolution to 1280 x 1024 or something else thats not supported.

Thanks in advance

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
Bastiaan1986 said:
Can someone please help me with the question above?

thanks in advance
firstly, you waited a few hours for an answer. nobody lives here and we're in different time zones so some people are prolly asleep still. and not everyone knows the naswer.

anyway, i dont think it will physically damage, but it will make the screen look completely stupid, if ytou change the resolution to something the screen cant handle. it will also make it un readable. so dont press anything if it goes like this and after 15 seconds it switches back to normal

j0hn00

Agreed. I highly doubt Windows would let you do anything that might damage your hardware without being tweaked first.

alanuofm

VIP Member
Bastiaan1986 said:
Hey,
I have an acer aspire 1522WLMi laptop and have a question about it. When I open the Nvidia laptop display at the desktop I can set the resolution. Normally I can choose from: 800 x 600, 1024 x 768 or 1280 x 800. But I can also enable more options by clicking on: "Hide modes this monitor does not support". And in the help section it says:"choosing a mode that is inappropriate for your display may cause severe display problems and could damage your hardware". My question is if anybody knows if it really could damage my display when I set the resolution to 1280 x 1024 or something else thats not supported.

Thanks in advance

most lcd monitors have a native resolution anyways in which only one or two resolutions actually look aesthetically elegant. you should probably keep it at that.

spamdos

i sont think that it will matter that much, if uve got a dedicated graphics card u should be able to run that resolution i think, as the guys said i dint think that windows would let u do dtoo much to harm ur system