Aspire Navigator Custom "Case" - Overkill or Perfect?

rox1co

hey guys, i'm custom building a computer

i'm deciding on two cases

Case 1
11-144-093-17.JPG

500W PSU with 5 fans - $155.00

Case 2
11-144-084-08.JPG

450W PSU with 3 fans - $95.00

my unit will have an SLI-Motherboard with 6800GT (2nd added later)

would it be better to go with the more costly or the cheaper? or is the more costly just overkill and unnecessary?

i was thinking that i would probably need a bigger PSU and FANS, so having the more costly would benefit me in the long run but it just doesn't seem right, lol - but also it's Aluminum rather than Steel

could you guys perhaps give me some opinions/thoughts about this

i have a clear sense that i do want and need the more costly but is it truly necessary...

jesbax

go with what you think you might need. I would go for the 5 fan case to meet your exspansen needs.

xDarkWizardx

I love that X-Navigator case, thats the one in my sig. Theres another fan slot so you can have 6 fans. Also, the mobo connector is 20 pin and an SLI mobo is 24 pin and the case doesn't come with an adapter so you need to buy one if you want your system to be stable.

rox1co

xDarkWizardx said:
I love that X-Navigator case, thats the one in my sig. Theres another fan slot so you can have 6 fans. Also, the mobo connector is 20 pin and an SLI mobo is 24 pin and the case doesn't come with an adapter so you need to buy one if you want your system to be stable.

holy crap nice computer

hmm? how much is the mobo pin connector? the case is pretty expensive but so dam worth it

i won't be purchasing mine till like near end of summer, i'm gathering up more money - and hopefully i get hired soon!

is the PSU enough?

do you have a 6800 GT or ULTRA? - i'm purchasing the GT just to save myself an extra 100

also, is the SB onboard sound good enough? i chose this mobo bc it already has a SB

mgoldb2

VIP Member
I think cases is a personal perference so I wont comment on that part.

The part that is important is PSU. The first case has a PSU with 34A on 12V line. This looks really good on paper and if it lives up to the performance it says it has it will power your system just fine.

The secound one PSU only has 20A on the 12V line. This is kinda low and if you pick this one you might want to replace the PSU with a better one.

For information on PSU look here.
http://www.computerforum.com/showthread.php?t=10764

rox1co

mgoldb2 said:
I think cases is a personal perference so I wont comment on that part.

The part that is important is PSU. The first case has a PSU with 34A on 12V line. This looks really good on paper and if it lives up to the performance it says it has it will power your system just fine.

yes it is personal preference, yellow is one of my favorite colors and i will also be able to interchange it if i wish :D

i want the 2nd for its price but the 1st gives a LIGHTER body, more PSU and more FANS - and i've seen that post about picking the right PSU, that's the reason why i chose a different case - needed at least 30A on 12V, found a bit :rolleyes:

thanks for your reply though