Asus 5850 compatibility

Hey all I bought an Asus 5850 card to put in my rig today and after getting into the desktop after about 5 minutes my screen flickers and either recovers briefly (before doing it again) or blue screens and restarts. I was just wondering if maybe the card is incompatible with another of my components. Im running an Asus P5N-D mobo with an intel Q6600 processor and Antec 100W PSU. I tried wiping my previous 8800GT drivers and fresh installing the Asus drivers to no avail. Any help is greatly appreciated.

salvage-this

Uh did you mean Antec 1000w? If not that is your problem.

Can you get the error code for your BSOD. That might give us a place to start.

Good to hear that the 100w was just a mistake.

Before you go any further did you do what johnb35 mentioned?

Yes, I cleaned out my old cards drivers before installing the new cards drivers, then when that didnt work I cleaned out the new drivers and downloaded and installed the latest version of them still with no difference.

Windows 7 64bit

I have read on other forums about this same problem happening to others when they put the Asus 5850 into their P5N-D, i just wanted to see if anyone here had possible ways around it or if I should take back the card and get a different one, possibly stick to nvidia this time lol!

Last edited: