ASUS A8R-MVP yukon marvel port

oinkypig

hey i have the ASUS A8R-MVP motherboard with crossfire and i with it is the marvel yukon 10/100/1000 gigabet ethernet port integrated into it. Now i am having some trouble with it. when i use mozzila firefox and am downloading a file and it pops the download taskbar sometimes if the file is liek over 80 mb large the file stops downlaoding beacause at that point i lose my internet connection. then i have to go to the network conenctions disbale the yukon port and then reenable it again, and i get my connection back but i have to start over dl-ing the fiel again. and the same exact thing happens. this also happens with limewire, and any bitorrent programs i use. i just lose all connectivity. do i need to download new drivers or what cuz i cant find any!

Last edited:

LithiumSunset

oinkypig said:
hey i have the ASUS A8R-MVP motherboard with crossfire and i with it is the marvel yukon 10/100/1000 gigabet ethernet port integrated into it. Now i am having some trouble with it. when i use mozzila firefox and am downloading a file and it pops the download taskbar sometimes if the file is liek over 80 mb large the file stops downlaoding beacause at that point i lose my internet connection. then i have to go to the network conenctions disbale the yukon port and then reenable it again, and i get my connection back but i have to start over dl-ing the fiel again. and the same exact thing happens. this also happens with limewire, and any bitorrent programs i use. i just lose all connectivity. do i need to download new drivers or what cuz i cant find any!

Go into the control panel, system, hardware and then device manager. Look for ethernet adapters or network adapters in the list and make sure there is nothing wrong with them. Also, sometimes third party software vendors install network managing tools that might be causing your issues. Also, check the ethernet cable and make sure it's connected good at the modem/router and the back of your machine.