ASUS A8V Deluxe (compatibility)

Copy13Cat

I need someones help, please. I have already been in contact with Creative, Asus and Realtek and nobody will help me. I have recently bought a new computer:

AMD 64 3500+
**ASUS A8V Deluxe
Radeon 9800 Pro 128
1 gb Ram
**Creative Inspire T7700

My problem lies with the two started products. The ASUS motherboard supports 4,6, or 8 channel audio and has 4 plugs inthe back for this purpose (rear, front, center, side). The creative comes with a plug to attach everything between the computer and subwoofer. This is where the issue begins, the plug has 4 ports that go into the sub woofer (front,center,side,back) but only 3 that go into the computer soundcard. No matter how I do it I cannot get them all to work when I run a test. I even went out and purchased another cord to attach the rear speakers seperatly but that did nothing at all. Please help me I have no where else to turn. :confused: You are welcome to write me at [email protected]

Thank you

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Lucky you ... my onboard sound unit doesnt even get detected (is there something funky i need to do to get it detected?)

As for the rear plugs, it's got 6 jacks not four...

This is where the issue begins, the plug has 4 ports that go into the sub woofer (front,center,side,back) but only 3 that go into the computer soundcard.
Try updating the drivers? :)