ASUS GTX 970 STRIX Problem !

Exoclap

So I just got this new computer about 1 week ago. And as soon as I started playing games I noticed that the performance is not smooth. It feels like the gameplay is choppy/stuttery when I move my camera around. This happens in every game even in some games like Minecraft or Runescape and it is really annoying. I instantly thought that the problem was the graphics card so I ran Windows assessment test.

And it turns out that my graphics card scored 7.9 in both categories. But when the test was running I noticed a really strange sound coming out of my graphics card which was probably coil whine. I wanted to do the test again but only for my graphics card so I opened up cmd and ran the following command: winsat graphicsformal. When the test was running I could also see white flickering lines that appeared on my monitor. This only happened when the graphics card was using directx. I've also attached a picture with the results which are in my opinion not that great compered to some other older graphics cards.

I thought that the issue was Directx so I downloaded and older version of it and installed it on my PC. I re-ran the test but nothing changed.

So now I really don't know whats the problem with my graphics card. If anyone can help me solve this issue I would really appreciate it .

The sound (coil whine) http://vocaroo.com/i/s0MzcRm88Por
White flickering lines

Attachments

• jheh.png
    jheh.png
    47.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

mistersprinkles

Is your refresh rate for your monitor set properly? Defective cable?
Are you sure you aren't trying to run games at higher settings than the card can handle?
What is the rest of the system? Is the PSU powerful enough for the GPU?

Need more information.